both villains are multitabling regs
villain 6
VPIP/PFR 20/17
3bet 6.5

villain 8
VPIP/PFR 22/10
3bet 3.5

open 99 and got two callers.
flop is pretty dry giving me an overpair. i cbet, villain 6 calls and villain 8 folds. at this point i put him on trips or at least an overpair, because i dont think a reg would float with 66-77 or overcards(even AK) with a player left to act behind him. so i decide to give up, if the turn doesnt improve me, and try to go to showdown trying not to burn any more money by check-calling or firing again on safe turn cards
i check the turn he makes a medium sized bet and i fold.
is my thought proccess correct?

Old
Wed Mar 27, 2013, 12:01 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Espada,

I think this comes down to you. A reg with a large sample of hands also has a large sample on you and will be playing you as well as his cards... how often do you double barrel? If you c-bet turn a high % then he shouldn't be floating light much, but if your c-bet % goes down on the turn then he might float light. By light I mean like overcards. I think he's calling in position with pairs at least once, and when you check the turn he may well bet not wanting to give AK/AQ a free card. He shouldn't be worried about V8 (I wouldn't be, my call should look strong to him on such a dry board so I don't think he'll tag along light). Although V8 is fishy so maybe he makes a few weaker calls (you identified him as a multi-tabling reg but his stats are fishy, pretty sure he's losing soundly with these preflop stats).

All things considered, I would either bet/fold the turn for a medium sized bet, or check/call, I think we're giving up too much check/folding here to a TAG regular in position on us.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com