Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

Who wins this hand???

Old
Question
Who wins this hand??? - Wed Mar 27, 2013, 07:31 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2013
Hey just had a huge argument over a poker game because i was 100% sure it was a split pot, but they where adamant they had won.

Ill explain:
I had
A3 in my hand
My opponent had A5

The flop was
A 7 9 J J

So therefore we both had two pair aces and jacks with a 9 kicker.
The argument was that because my opponent had a 5 with his ace, as opposed to my 3 he had won.
I thought this was ridiculous thinking, as i was sure you had to make the best 5 carded hand using what card you like on the river and with your two cards. so the fact that the 5 and 3 where lower than the lowest cards on the river, they had no input to the hands.

Does anyone agree or disagree with my logic???

Cheers,
Gsh1993

Old
Wed Mar 27, 2013, 08:17 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsh1993 View Post
I had
A3 in my hand
My opponent had A5

The flop was
A 7 9 J J
The Board plays

AAJJ9

Kicker does not matter here as the 9 plays it is a split Pot

Thanks for being part of PSO, and Best of Luck at the Tables

T2C

Super-Moderator

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Mar 27, 2013, 10:01 PM
(#3)
Since: May 2011
100% chop pot.

Both Ax kickers improved to a 9 on the flop.

Everyone loves a chopped pot.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com