Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

sam19321 Bankroll builder

Old
sam19321 Bankroll builder - Wed Mar 27, 2013, 07:53 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2013
WhiteStar
Hi I'm new and I'd like to take part in the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Old
Wed Mar 27, 2013, 10:44 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam19321 View Post
Hi I'm new and I'd like to take part in the Bankroll Builder promotion.
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Mar 27, 2013, 01:26 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hello sam19321,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Play Money Hand - Fri Mar 29, 2013, 02:54 PM
(#4)
WhiteStar

I have 2 JJ on the opening hand. Till turn i have fair hands 2 pairs of J and 4. I end up loosing the game. Should i have folded the hand when opponent raised the bet on turn or should i have gone ahead with it.

Old
Fri Mar 29, 2013, 03:13 PM
(#5)
WhiteStar
Hi,
Would like to mention that I've passed the quiz thus commpleting all 3 tasks.

Will wait for further instructions.

Old
Fri Mar 29, 2013, 03:22 PM
(#6)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi sam19321!

The first tip that I have for you is that when playing a ring game, always wait for the BB before playing. By posting and paying extra blinds, this will be a large drain to my bankroll over time.

With JJ, I am going to make a standard raise, which is to 3BB+1BB for each limper. With 5 limpers (including my post), I will raise to 80.

I see an 8-way flop with a diamond flush draw and a pair (scary board). When it checks to me, I will make a standard c-bet, which for this many opps in the hand is a pot-size bet of 485. However, this is the overwhelming majority of my chips... so I need to shove the flop. The only way that I would bet less was if there were less than 4 opps in the hand. The reason for this is that I want to give as many opps as possible, the wrong odds to be drawing at the flush.

By making standard bets, the opps will continually be guessing as to what cards I actually have and it also helps to give the opps the wrong odds to try to draw to beat me. Lower bets can give the opps a positive play to draw and I want to avoid this if I possibly can.

Good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Mar 29, 2013, 03:31 PM
(#7)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Brilliant sam19321!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Cash Hand Replay - Sat Mar 30, 2013, 06:20 AM
(#8)
WhiteStar

I had a decent hand atthe start which got a bit better at flop(dry board). However since at flop the winner player simply called I raised the bet as chances of having pair in my opponenthand were very less.
In this game at what position should i have folded my hands.

Old
Bet Sizing video Answer - Sat Mar 30, 2013, 06:28 AM
(#9)
WhiteStar
The three reasons why a player wants to make a big bet are as follows.

1. To get most value out of his strong hand.
2. To protect against a strong draw.
3. To put lot of pressure on opponent.

Old
Sat Mar 30, 2013, 04:44 PM
(#10)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi Sam!

AQ is a strong hand that rates to be best when you're on the button and there is a limper. A standard raise would be 3bb + 1bb for the limper, making it 8c. You don't want to give villains a cheap price to see if they can hit the flop with worse hands than yours, so make a proper raise for value. Notice that because you only made it 4c, 3 other players also saw the flop. Against 3 players, you'll often need to make better than one pair to win.
You got a great flop. A Q84 rainbow (no flush draw) is very dry. There are no good straight draws, just gutshots, and you have top pair, top kicker. You want to make a decent bet to see if you can get villains to pay you off with worse hands, like 8x or TT.
Minbetting 2c into 16c doesn't get much value, and also doesn't protect your hand. A hand like A8 is definitely calling here. While you're beating that hand, you want to charge it for trying to make trips or two pairs. Since the board is dry, you don't need to make a large bet, but it's standard to bet at least half pot, and a bit more if the pot is multiway, so I'd go for about 10c here.
The villain in the small blind check-minraises. This is a little odd. A check-raise is a show of strength, usually indicating a very strong hand, but when it's a minraise, so could be a strange bluff. I think calling is fine. Minraising again doesn't achieve anything. He's not going to fold for an extra 2c, when the pot is already 22c. You also only have 15c in your stack at this point. You should be shoving all in, as you probably have the best hand, and there is more money in the pot than you have left in your stack.

Hmmmm. It suddenly occurs to me! Was this game played on a fixed limit table? (That would explain why all the bets and raises are for 2c at a time on the flop and 4c on the turn). You should be playing on a no limit table, where you can make the big bets recommended in the PSO tutorials.
If this was a fixed limit game, then there's not a lot you can do here. You made TPTK on a dry board and have a short stack, so stacking off at the earliest opportunity is the right thing to do. In a no limit game, villain would have made a bigger raise on the flop, allowing you to sometimes make a good fold.

Make sure you sit on a No Limit Holdem table for the next stage of this promotion, as most of the PSO courses are based on the NL version of the game.

Hope this helps!
Cheers,
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Mar 30, 2013, 04:49 PM
(#11)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi sam19321!

Please let me know when you have passe the cash game quiz.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Mar 18, 2014, 03:22 PM
(#12)
WhiteStar
Hi,

I have passed the cash game quiz. This completes all the 3 steps mentioned above.

Old
Tue Mar 18, 2014, 06:12 PM
(#13)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam19321 View Post
Hi,

I have passed the cash game quiz. This completes all the 3 steps mentioned above.
Great Job!

You passed the Cash Game Quiz and know you've shown that you have a great understanding of the fundementals of playing poker. We have now credited your account with your 2nd bonus.

Step Three

Please play a 1/2 cent Real Money table at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

NB: You must post a Cash Game hand only, tournament hands do not count for this promotion. You must use the Hand Replayer only to post your hand, we cannot accept hands posted in any other way.

Once you post your hand one of our Trainers will analyze it for you so please post and intersestig hand where you have questions. Give as much information about the hand as possible, for example, had you any reads on your opponents?

Team PokerSchoolOnline

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Mar 21, 2014, 03:27 PM
(#14)
WhiteStar
Hi,

I have already posted the hand in earlier thread. I do not have any real money left so cannot do it again.
I have completed all the 3 steps.

Please advise.

Old
Fri Mar 21, 2014, 05:38 PM
(#15)
(Community Coordinator)
Great!

We now have credited your account with your 3rd bonus and You're doing a fantastic job so far!

You've still got one bonus to receive.

Step Four

Attend any LIVE TRAINING session here at PokerSchoolOnline. You must actually attend the session to get your bonus.

Please let us know what Live Training session you have attended. NB It must be a live training session that takes place after this post was posted. Past live training sessions do not count.

Let us know the Date/Time and Title of the session you attend and we will check your attendance and credit you with your final bonus. If you make a deposit at this stage you will also receive your final bonus.

Team PokerSchoolOnline

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com