Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

QQ

Old
QQ - Wed Mar 27, 2013, 03:16 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2013
i thought this was alright, but a second opinion would be great.

*********** # 31 **************
PokerStars Hand #96184787320: Hold'em No Limit ($0.01/$0.02 USD) - 2013/03/26 13:55:17 ET
Table 'Amalia VI' 9-max Seat #7 is the button
Seat 1: IN a BUnkER ($1.19 in chips)
Seat 2: Tubaris ($3.24 in chips)
Seat 3: Sinusbred ($2 in chips)
Seat 4: arthur1973 ($0.74 in chips)
Seat 5: bialy555 ($1.04 in chips)
Seat 6: Tieggra ($2 in chips)
Seat 7: Rock230 ($1.52 in chips)
Seat 8: Sergeimer73 ($0.64 in chips)
Seat 9: NexvaT ($0.91 in chips)
Sergeimer73: posts small blind $0.01
NexvaT: posts big blind $0.02
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Rock230 [Qs Qd]
IN a BUnkER: folds
Tubaris: folds
Sinusbred: folds
arthur1973: folds
bialy555: calls $0.02
Tieggra: folds
Rock230: raises $0.06 to $0.08
Sergeimer73: folds
NexvaT: folds
bialy555: calls $0.06
*** FLOP *** [Th 5h 6c]
bialy555: bets $0.06
Rock230: raises $0.18 to $0.24
bialy555: calls $0.18
*** TURN *** [Th 5h 6c] [Jc]
bialy555: checks
Rock230: bets $0.30
bialy555: calls $0.30
*** RIVER *** [Th 5h 6c Jc] [7d]
bialy555: checks
Rock230: checks
*** SHOW DOWN ***
bialy555: shows [Ts As] (a pair of Tens)
Rock230: shows [Qs Qd] (a pair of Queens)
Rock230 collected $1.23 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $1.27 | Rake $0.04
Board [Th 5h 6c Jc 7d]
Seat 1: IN a BUnkER folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 2: Tubaris folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: Sinusbred folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: arthur1973 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: bialy555 showed [Ts As] and lost with a pair of Tens
Seat 6: Tieggra folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 7: Rock230 (button) showed [Qs Qd] and won ($1.23) with a pair of Queens
Seat 8: Sergeimer73 (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 9: NexvaT (big blind) folded before Flop

Old
Wed Mar 27, 2013, 03:56 PM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2011
I took the liberty of posting this into the hand replayer so I can visualise it better. Please post your hands into the replayer (http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/replayer) and then click on the "link builder" to get the code you need to post in the thread in future.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Mar 27, 2013, 04:10 PM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2011
With QQ otb, you isolate the limper with a raise to 8c. All standard so far.
Villain donks out fairly small. This bet usually represents one pair or a draw, but occasionally it's a monster looking for action.
Since you have an overpair, you can raise for value, looking to be called by Tx, 87 and flush draws. If villain shoves over your raise, you might have to fold, as he's repping a set.
Here he just calls the raise. The jack is a decent turn card for you, as you still have an overpair and no draws were completed.
I quite like your betsize of around half pot, because Tx and the draws are likely still calling. Since both you and villain will have less than a pot-sized bet on the river, it will be an easy shove for you, unless it's a 9 (straight), T (trips) or a heart (flush).

The river is the 7d. The flush missed, and the only likely cards that hit this are 87 that had an OESD on the flop, but made a rivered pair, or the unlikely 43 that had the idiot end of the straight draw on the flop. Villain would have to be pretty bad to have called with 98 for a gutshot on the flop, but I guess some villains would show up with that here. I think he'd lead out if he'd rivered the nuts, though.
So that leaves us with busted flush draws and Tx. There's $1.27 in the pot and villain only has 42c left in his stack. I'd put him all in. He'll have a hard time folding Tx with such good pot odds.

So it looks like you missed a bit of value by checking behind here. When a short-stack is apparently committed, and his range is weighted towards one pair hands that you beat, I think you should bet for value, as these guys will make crying calls with very marginal holdings.

Cheers,
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com