Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

50-50s

Old
50-50s - Wed Mar 27, 2013, 03:23 PM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2012
BronzeStar
Anyone got any tips for 50-50s to try ensure finish in cash larger % of time

Old
Wed Mar 27, 2013, 03:34 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
**moved to more appropriate forum JWK24**

Hi corelle2010!

Welcome to the forum. Here is a link that will help to get you more familiar with many of the options that PSO has to offer.

Good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Mar 27, 2013, 04:57 PM
(#3)
Since: May 2011
Hi corelle,

Here are some >>videos<< on the subject.

Old
Wed Mar 27, 2013, 09:51 PM
(#4)
Since: Apr 2012
Hi corelle, I am by no means an expert on the subject but I did build a fair amount of my bankroll playing these games. The basic strategy is to play super tight early on, busting or losing a large part of your stack early on is considered a sin in these games. However if you do there is no need to just shove straight away, you can wait it out a bit until you get something worth shoving. I've lost count of the number of times I've picked up a few hundred chips from short stacks shoving with junk in the early stages. Once you get a bit deeper, especially on the bubble, you should be looking to put the pressure on. Looking for steals spots is essential and if unopened when you are on the button or SB you should be open shoving a wide range of hands fairly often. Personally I shove any pair, any ace, K2s+, Q8s+, K9o+, QTo+, JT almost always, although this is villain dependant. Conversely with some villains I will shove any two when I know they can't or won't call me.

I'd also like to recommend learning even just the basic ICM theory if you're not familiar with it. I find it translates quite well to these games as your chips are worth an actual amount of money. It's not essential to know about it to play these games well but it might help.

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com