Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10NL 6-max zoom. With TT in sb open raise, bb who has 680bb.

Old
10NL 6-max zoom. With TT in sb open raise, bb who has 680bb. - Wed Mar 27, 2013, 11:11 PM
(#1)
Since: May 2011
Hi,

This is a, wow the bb has nearly 7 stacks so must be a good player or just doesn't care?

I play my hand TT from the sb with a full stack and no reads against an unknown.

Good or bad but I was really worried betting the river.

Open for discussion >>big stacks don't care<<?

Old
Thu Mar 28, 2013, 01:54 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
Hey Forrest,

this would make for a great example of the wasted pair theorem I wrote about recently

I like flop and turn bets because of the drawy texture. OTR I don't see much value in betting against an unknown since most people would probably fold 8x or smaller pairs by now and only call Kx. I would probably check and consider calling if he bets since his range would probably be polarized between either a strong king or busted draw then.

Live Trainer

Old
Thu Mar 28, 2013, 09:39 PM
(#3)
Since: May 2011
Hi Felix,

I did read your "wasted pair" blog.

Here I'm not seeing a bottom pair on the turn but see a non-diamond river - sick feeling a Q.

Also I have been trapped at 10NL by non-3bet players who sit on QQ or even KK. I can see their passive idea betting folds out worse and then can see if an Ace comes on the flop.

My game is not advanced enough to check the river and call a bet though. How do I know it's not xKd or xQd. As played just amazed at the show down.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com