Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder promotion

Old
Bankroll Builder promotion - Thu Mar 28, 2013, 02:47 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2013
I want to take part in the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Old
Thu Mar 28, 2013, 07:59 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramih1980 View Post
I want to take part in the Bankroll Builder promotion.
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Mar 28, 2013, 02:39 PM
(#3)
Since: Apr 2011
Hello,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

flophitter

Old
Fri Mar 29, 2013, 01:52 PM
(#4)
I had AA preflop and raised it.
On flop, I did not want my opponents to think that I have something goood, that 's why I just called.
After that I raised and then All in.
Is it correct?

Old
Fri Mar 29, 2013, 02:03 PM
(#5)
I have done all tasks and have passed the quiz.
what the next?

Old
Sat Mar 30, 2013, 09:43 AM
(#6)
Thanks for that, we'll have the hand analysis done shortly, it should be completed within 24 hours.

Old
Mon Apr 01, 2013, 07:38 AM
(#7)
news?

Old
Mon Apr 01, 2013, 05:45 PM
(#8)
Sorry that you had to wait, it looks like we had a little communication error on our side, your hand analysis will be with you soon!

Old
Mon Apr 01, 2013, 06:57 PM
(#9)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi ramih1980!

The first tip that I would give is that when sitting at a ring table, always wait for the BB before you start playing. Paying extra blinds over and over will be a very large drain to a bankroll.

With AA or any other hand that I want to raise with, I will make a standard opening raise which is to 3BB+1BB for each limper. With 2 limpers (including the post), I will raise to 5BB or 10 chips. By making standard raises, the opps will be continually guessing as to the strength of my hand.

I flop top set, but there are multiple straight draws along with a flush draw. I get an abnormally small bet and a call in front of me. I need to raise here, both for value and to protect my hand against the draws. With 2 opps in the hand against me, I'll raise by 2/3 the size of the pot, so I will bet 55 chips. By not raising, if any of the opps hits a draw against me here, it would be my own fault that I'd lose the hand.

The turn is a HUGE scare card for me as it completes BOTH a straight and the flush. An opp now makes another abnormally small bet that is called. Here is where I need to make my key decision in the hand. I either need to raise 2/3 pot again (which will pot commit me, meaning that I have to shove) or I need to fold. If the opps are playing very loose (a large number of hands) then I'll be more likely to call. If the opps are playing tight, then this is a very sticky situation, as I could already be beat. The majority of the time, I'll shove and hope that the opp does not have a flush.

the keys with this hand are to make standard bets both preflop (based on the BB size) and post-flop (based on the size of the pot).

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Apr 01, 2013, 07:01 PM
(#10)
Brilliant!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

flophitter

Old
Tue Apr 02, 2013, 02:05 AM
(#11)
I know it was a trash hand but with 2 cent I played and after flop I dont know if I played correct or not.

Old
Wed Apr 03, 2013, 08:59 AM
(#12)
Great thanks for posting the hand, we'll provide the analysis here soon. Just let me know when you've completed the other steps.

Old
Wed Apr 03, 2013, 04:30 PM
(#13)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi rami! I'll take a look at this hand for you.

You recognise this hand is a trash hand, which is good. It's actually one of the very worst possible hands, down in the bottom 5% of all starting hands, because it never makes a straight or flush using both cards, and mainly just makes one pair with no kicker. Even though it only costs 2c to play, you should be folding this 100% of the time, unless you're in the big blind and can see the flop for free by checking.
You make top pair, no kicker on the fairly wet flop and a villain bets. To be honest, I'd fold now, because we're not beating much. All other 8s have better kickers. If villains limped with a small or medium pocket pair, they either have an overpair (99, TT), a set (88. 77, 44) or some sort of straight draw (66-55). 22 and 33 have nothing, but I doubt they are betting. 65 has a made straight, leaving you drawing dead. It's possible villain is taking a stab with a flush or straight draw, but the turn card is unlikely to improve your hand.
You call and the turn is a 7. A villain might have improved to trips or a full house. When he checks, it looks more like he's still drawing, in which case you have the best hand, or he has an 8, but is worried you have the monsters I just mentioned. Taking a stab is OK, but your bet is a little large considering how weak your hand is. Then again, you were so short stacked to begin the hand that it makes sense to go all in here, as your hand might be good, and you don't want villain having a free card if he's still drawing. Villain is certainly calling with better hands, but he should be folding straight and flush draws, because he doesn't have a good price.
Villain made a loose call and hit his gutshot on the river. That's pretty sick. He didn't have the odds to chase such a weak draw, but maybe he thought that you were so short you'd be getting it in here with any two cards, which 55 beats.

You were quite unlucky here, but you should never have been in the pot in the first place. When you're trying to build your bankroll and have a very short stack, you shouldn't be gambling with junk hands. You should wait for a premium hands like a big pair or AK, and then try and get a double up, by raising pre-flop and going all in when you get a good flop. (If you have a full stack, then you can play according to the hand ranges detailed in PSO courses).

Hope this helps and you have better luck in the next stage of this promotion!

Cheers,
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Apr 04, 2013, 06:34 AM
(#14)
Thank you for the help.
I passed the cash game quiz.
the answer to the previous question is:

1-To put a lot of pressure on apponents
2-to bluff people off decent hands
3-to gain value from very strong hands
4-to protect against strong draws

what is next step?

Old
Thu Apr 04, 2013, 02:20 PM
(#15)
Fantastic!

Your second Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your 2nd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

flophitter

Old
Sat Apr 06, 2013, 07:09 AM
(#16)
I have not got any bonus yet.

Old
Sat Apr 06, 2013, 07:12 AM
(#17)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramih1980 View Post
I have not got any bonus yet.
Hi,

I will check out why, you should have got in by now, please check back later

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Apr 07, 2013, 02:46 AM
(#18)
I got the bonus and then after getting that I have earned 10 VPP.
what is next bonus?

Old
Sun Apr 07, 2013, 12:28 PM
(#19)
That's great, your third bonus will be on its way to you. Now you need to earn another 10 VPPs in order to secure your fourth bonus. But if you should lose your bankroll, please post the losing hand(s) here and we'll give your our analysis. Best of luck!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com