Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10NL 6 Max TP Typical Spot

Old
10NL 6 Max TP Typical Spot - Thu Mar 28, 2013, 05:27 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2012
V4's a limper, less than 10 hands with him, basically an unknown.

So we cbet twice for value from A9, A8, A6 and perhaps mid PPs. Villain fires a value bet OTR. This is one of the recurring spots. Sometimes when Villain's bet sizing is small, it's a weak hand. When it's like 2/3 pot or more, they probably have the goods.

As played, I input a range of { TT, 44, A6s+, A6o+ } for him and we're 44% underdog. We're getting good odds of 2.7:1 (27%) to call. Should we?
Or is it safer to assume that weaker Ax hands would have checked River, only better hands like 2 pairs and sets will bet?

Old
Fri Mar 29, 2013, 02:13 AM
(#2)
Since: Nov 2011
Hey Awesome

Weaker hands would have definitely checked the river. But that's ok! You can still have the best hand often here. I would call. Villain is representing something slowplayed or KJss or KJcc or AQ. There are enough missed draws to justify our price and we should assume that he raises his strong hands often on previous street, depleting their frequency to show up on the river.

Old
Fri Mar 29, 2013, 02:09 PM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2011
Im not sure how your Cbet % is, but this flop is a nice one to make a delayed c-bet and get some variance in your game.
If you check and the player bets you can call and basically rep KK/QQ. That way you could call him all the way down to the river possibly.
With the way the hand played out, you can only beat a missed flush draw and weaker aces. with unknown players, I'd tend to fold even with the decent odds. My gut tells me your beat here.

Old
Fri Mar 29, 2013, 08:19 PM
(#4)
Since: Mar 2012
Thanks all! Appreciate your inputs. Not sure what he had as I folded this hand

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com