Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

Poker hand chart

Old
Poker hand chart - Thu Mar 28, 2013, 11:06 AM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2013
Does anyone know where i can find the hand chart that tells you when to 3 bet and raise/call with pocket pairs ect and from what position?

I need it to pass the cash quiz im game having difficulty with the question like you have pocket 88s under the gun and the cut off raises whats your move?

so you have to answer call re raise or fold but i cant find no hand chart on this, does anyone have any idea what im talking about?

Old
Thu Mar 28, 2013, 11:21 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi mike2198!

There is no set chart for this that I know of, as it's mostly going to be player dependant.

If I'm UTG with 88, then I can't 3-bet, as I'd have already made an opening raise with them. The cutoff would then be the player having to decide whether to 3-bet or fold.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Mar 28, 2013, 12:02 PM
(#3)
ok cool i gave you a bad example of one of the questions in the quiz so where do i learn when to raise or fold, i mean i think i raise and fold perfectly fine but the quiz obviously thinks otherwise so surely there's something out there that tells me whats the correct strategy

Old
Thu Mar 28, 2013, 12:57 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
Hi mike,

Perhaps you would like to have a look at this Thread. Enjoy!

Joss

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Mar 28, 2013, 01:47 PM
(#5)
this is brilliant cheers

Old
Thu Mar 28, 2013, 02:21 PM
(#6)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
Hey Mike,

I made a reply to your question, but decided to make my own thread to post it because it got a bit lengthy. It can be found here: http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...-Flop-Strategy

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com