Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

Calculating outs

Old
Calculating outs - Thu Mar 28, 2013, 03:19 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2013
Im a little confused with the calculating how many outs you have to have the nuts in the cash game quiz

Do you calculate the strongest possible hand you can get or do you include your outs for both the straight and flush draw you have

For example my hole cards are Ah 10h the flop is Kh Qh 5c

Do i calculate both the straight outs and the flush outs giving me 15 outs or do i only calculate 9 outs for the best possible hand being the flush draw

Old
Thu Mar 28, 2013, 05:12 PM
(#2)
you calculate both but discount overlapping ones. so you have four jacks and nine hearts that will help you, but one of the jacks is already a heart; giving you 12 outs.

Old
Thu Mar 28, 2013, 05:18 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvokeNZ View Post
you calculate both but discount overlapping ones. so you have four jacks and nine hearts that will help you, but one of the jacks is already a heart; giving you 12 outs.
I agree. Good job EvokeNZ!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Mar 28, 2013, 06:32 PM
(#4)
ok cool that makes sense i dnt know why i got 6 outs for the straight my brain must have shut down atleast i know to count both now thanks you've been a great help

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com