Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

bankroll

Old
bankroll - Fri Mar 29, 2013, 03:19 AM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2013
Hello! I would like to take part in bankroll builder promotion

Old
Fri Mar 29, 2013, 06:55 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobreazuga View Post
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Mar 29, 2013, 08:29 AM
(#3)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hello,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Mar 29, 2013, 09:47 AM
(#4)
Hello.I have watched with interest both videos and I've also passed Basic course.

Here's my replay:

Old
Fri Mar 29, 2013, 07:57 PM
(#5)
(Community Coordinator)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Mar 29, 2013, 09:16 PM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi dobreazuga!

With J8 from UTG, I'm going to open-fold this here. It's nowere near a strong enough hand to be playing from this position. From this position, I'd be looking to play larger pairs, AK and maybe AQs. Anything less, I'm going to muck from UTG.
I definitely do not want to be calling a very large overbet raise with a marginal-at-best hand.

The key here is to muck marginal hands when out of position, as it will cost a player a large number of chips in the long run.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Mar 30, 2013, 04:25 AM
(#7)
John I totally agree with your reply.I only payed the other player beacause my chips were small and I hoped to win the hand and post it here as a winning hand,just for the bakroll.In any other situation I would have definetly folded because J8 is not a strong hand.

Thank you for yoyr opinion,wich I agreee with,but I say again,I only wanted to post that winning hand for this promotion.
Regards!

Old
Sat Mar 30, 2013, 05:27 AM
(#8)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hello.I have watched with interest both videos and I've also passed Basic course.
Brilliant!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Mar 31, 2013, 04:10 PM
(#9)
HELLO
I am very happy to post here again after I've studyed a few hours the Cash Game course and I am so glad that I've passed it.You were right,lot of content there,still very usefull.

"List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?"
1.Of course if he has a monster hand and tryes to make a big pot and win it.
2.The player is bluffing.
3.The player wants to put serious pressure on his opponents.

This is my firsy hand that I would like you to analize.i am not pleased at all with the final result and I feel I could have won more from it.I now think that with a straight, 9 to k after the flop I should have only called my opponent wich placed his bet of 0.10$.I should have only called,and than on the river I could make my raise if the turn and the river didn't gave him flush wich I don't think so. Anyway I'm waiting for a reply.

And here is another hand that I would like to be analized.

Regards.

Last edited by dobreazuga; Mon Apr 01, 2013 at 04:06 AM..

Old
Tue Apr 02, 2013, 05:22 AM
(#10)
(Community Coordinator)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Apr 03, 2013, 01:31 PM
(#11)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi dobreazuga! I'll take a look at these two hands.

1. The trouble with calling with Q9s in the small blind is that you'll have to play the pot out of position post-flop. Not only does this mean that you'll have to be cautious when you make just one pair, but when you make a monster hand it will be difficult to gain the maximum value for it, because villain gets to act last. With villain being in position, he gets to control the size of the pot. If he has a strong hand, he'll build a pot. If he has junk, he'll keep it small. That's basically what happens here. You flop the nuts and go for the check-raise. If villain missed the flop, he might not bet at all, so you miss a street of value. If you check-raise, it looks super strong, so villain can fold.
There's not really a perfect way to play this hand in this situation. I'd usually at least call pre-flop, but I'd fold if the villain was very tight, as Q9 (suited or otherwise) is easily dominated by AQ/KQ and overpairs. Because you flopped super-strong, you could consider donking out, hoping villain will call or raise, but most of the time, he'll just fold. Slowplaying might also be tempting, but various turn cards could either kill your action (villain won't put another cent in the pot if the turn is a 9 or Q and he doesn't have you beat) or will give villain a better hand.
You only won villain's 10c c-bet here, but that's better than nothing.

2. Now you have Q8s in the small blind. This hand is a bit weaker than the last one, as it will hardly ever make the nuts or flop a strong draw. You're getting a great price to see a flop (1c) but once again, you'll be in the worst position post-flop. I'd normally just dump the hand, despite the great pot odds. Completing in the SB with random suited cards just doesn't have much of a positive expectation.
You see a flop 4-ways and it's 986. For some reason, you make a minbet of 2c into 8c. This bet serves no purpose. It just makes it look like you have a weak hand or draw, which is exactly what you have. Since you're out of position, I'd prefer you to check and call a reasonable bet, as you probably don't have the best hand here, but might have good odds to improve on the turn. The turn is a great card, as you now have two pairs. A bet for value is good here. Hands like 9x and various draws will call. You make a boat on the river, but this 8 will scare away anyone that just has one pair. Nevertheless, it's possible someone was slowplaying a straight with T7 or something funky like that. Betting 3/4 pot is OK, but I wouldn't expect a villain to call very often, based on the action in this hand. It's often the case that when you make a big hand, it's hard for anyone else to have a big hand that can call a decent bet.

Overall, you played these hands OK, but be aware that Q9 and Q8 hardly ever make monsters like straights, flushes and full houses. In most circumstances you should be folding them pre-flop, especially in the blinds.

Hope this helps!
Cheers,
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Apr 03, 2013, 01:50 PM
(#12)
(Community Coordinator)
Hello,

Fantastic!

Your second Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your 2nd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Apr 03, 2013, 01:51 PM
(#13)
Thank you very much for your advices Arty! I will try to play with more caution future hand and I hope to get good cards and some luck to win even more hands!
Regards!

Old
Thu Apr 04, 2013, 11:55 AM
(#14)
Hey

Can you take a look at this hand?Well played or not?

Thank you!

Old
Fri Apr 05, 2013, 07:08 AM
(#15)
(Community Coordinator)

Cheers.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Apr 05, 2013, 07:33 AM
(#16)
Hello again.I am very upset.I've lost my money and I've only earned 7.66 VPP's.So ill-fated because I've played very well before that hand.I can't belive I've lost.Here's the replay.Let me know whatever decision you'll take regarding me.

Old
Fri Apr 05, 2013, 07:48 AM
(#17)
(Community Coordinator)
No worries,

Don't let these hands get to you, hands like this will happen many times in your poker journey, think of the bigger picture

One of the hand analysers will give you some feedback later today

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Apr 05, 2013, 07:32 PM
(#18)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi again Dobreazuga! I'll check out these two hands and see if there's some advice I can give you.

1. You have AA in the BB and there's some action in front of you. This is a great spot for you. Since the first raise came from UTG, you can expect that villain to have very strong hand that might well stack off pre-flop. (It would be ideal if he has QQ or KK). I think your 3-bet re-raise to 20c is perfect. It starts building a pot when you can't possibly be losing, and means villain isn't getting a great price to go set-mining if he has a hand like 55.
Unfortunately, both players call, so one might get lucky and hit a small set. I'm quite happy about UTG calling though. Typically, if UTG gets 3-bet and then just flat calls, he has QQ-TT every time. You can win a big pot against this villain if the board comes all small cards, as he'll have an overpair that he'll find hard to fold.
The flop is 843 and you're first to act. I definitely like a bet for value/protection, but I'd make it a fair bit bigger. Remember we are targeting hands like QQ-TT. I'd bet something like 40c into the 62c pot, as that sets up an easy shove. The third player folds, which is great, because it means he had junk, or missed his set. We're now heads up with a guy who nearly always has the hands I mentioned. The 3 on the turn won't have improved his hand, and the pot is now larger than the size of your stack. It's absolutely standard to go all in here. It's pointless making a smaller bet, because then the pot will be even bigger on the river, and your stack will be tiny in comparison. You're never folding here, so get it in. Also bear in mind that if the river is an ace or king, a villain with QQ or JJ might be able to fold. Let him make the big mistake now by putting him all in before he has a chance to decide he doesn't like his hand any more.

2. This hand is cooler, meaning there was no way that all the money wasn't going in the middle. When you have KK on a full ring table, an opponent will have AA about 4% of the time. But you can't ever fold KK pre-flop for 100-150bb, especially at 2NL/5NL, because villains will show up with worse fairly often.
I'm not sure I really like the 4-bet shove though. When villain makes a 3-bet, he usually has AK or QQ+. I'd make a normal 4-bet to about 45 or 50c. That should mean that worse hands will stay in the pot and give you some value. By shoving, there's a chance a villain with AK or QQ will think "Oh no, he has aces or kings, I fold".
Nevertheless, I'm either 6-bet shoving or calling a 5-bet shove with KK. You'll run into aces one in 25 times when you have KK, and you just have to accept it. Sometimes, you'll even suck out and win with a set.

You were unlucky this time, so better luck with the next stage of the promo!

Cheers,
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Apr 05, 2013, 07:37 PM
(#19)
(Community Coordinator)
Hello,

Fantastic!

Your 3rd Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 3rd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your final bonus. Let us know if you hit that target.

2) If you lose your 3rd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.

3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Apr 07, 2013, 04:16 PM
(#20)
hello.I've earned more than 11 vpps points.Let me know if I am eligible for the last bonus!
Regards!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com