Old
5NL - facing 4bet with QQ - Fri Mar 29, 2013, 08:19 AM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2010
CO 18/13/1 (144 Hands)
Steal 32%
Fold to 3bet 50%

CO seems like a good candidate to 3bet for value with a wider range

But now the BB who is playing 14/10/inf over just 30 hands comes over the top. Is this a call? shove? fold?

NL Holdem $0.05(BB)
Hero ($5.45)
BB ($5)
UTG ($7.06)
UTG+1 ($5.07)
CO ($2.60)
BTN ($10.02)

Dealt to Hero Q:club: Q:diamond:

fold, fold, CO raises to $0.15, fold, Hero raises to $0.50, BB raises to $1.55,

Old
Fri Mar 29, 2013, 03:10 PM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2011
First things first, a cold 4-bet at these stakes is almost always a value raise with QQ+ and AK, especially when it's a solid player (not a LAG/maniac), as squeezing light just doesn't happen.
It's also a 3X 4-bet, which means villain is committing to stack off on good flops. You clearly don't have the right odds to go set-mining, as you need to call a dollar, with a maximum profit of $5.70 (pot after your raise + villain's stack). So implied odds of about 6:1 rule set-mining out.

So it's shove or fold. If you shove, villain is always calling. The final pot will be 15c + 50c + $5 + $4.50 = $10.15 and your shove is an additional $4.50. So the equity you require is 4.50/10.15 = 44%.
How does QQ fare against QQ+/AK? It has 40% equity.
Since you need more than 45% equity to get it in here, it's a fold.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Mar 29, 2013, 03:30 PM
(#3)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
The fact that cutoff will have a very good hand a small percentage of the time and not fold to your 4-bet shove only makes the situation worse as well.

Old
Sat Mar 30, 2013, 01:58 PM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2010
Thanks Arty! I did the right decision there then

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockerguyAA View Post
The fact that cutoff will have a very good hand a small percentage of the time and not fold to your 4-bet shove only makes the situation worse as well.
The CO was the initial raiser, so I get to see his action after BB 4bets.

Old
Sat Mar 30, 2013, 02:11 PM
(#5)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoVARTA View Post
Thanks Arty! I did the right decision there then

The CO was the initial raiser, so I get to see his action after BB 4bets.
Oh oops. I think I got confused on the positions haha.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com