Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

Shippage Leakage

Old
Shippage Leakage - Fri Mar 29, 2013, 10:16 AM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2012

PokerStars - $0.05 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: $14.20 (VPIP: 29.63, PFR: 22.22, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 56)
SB: $8.61 (VPIP: 34.69, PFR: 8.16, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 50)
BB: $4.44 (VPIP: 21.95, PFR: 14.16, 3Bet Preflop: 4.62, Hands: 944)
UTG: $6.23 (VPIP: 27.14, PFR: 17.14, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 72)
Hero (MP): $8.76
CO: $10.11 (VPIP: 18.55, PFR: 14.11, 3Bet Preflop: 3.10, Hands: 3,653)

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.07) Hero has Q:club: Q:spade:

UTG raises to $0.20, Hero raises to $0.60, fold, fold, fold, fold, UTG calls $0.40

Flop: ($1.27, 2 players) 8:spade: T:spade: 6:heart:
UTG checks, Hero bets $0.75, UTG raises to $2.95, Hero raises to $8.16 and is all-in, UTG calls $2.68 and is all-in

Turn: ($12.53, 2 players) 3:club:

River: ($12.53, 2 players) 7:club:

Looking back at this hand, i reckon my 3bet pre and flop bet could have been a lil bigger. Maybe like 70-75c 3bet pre and 85-95c on flop??

Question is: Would flatting or 3betting preflop be a better option?
Should i have just folded to the XR on the flop?
Was jamming the worst possible action to take?

fwiw, i still believe in "when in doubt, jam!" mantra.
sometimes

Last edited by wikked76; Fri Mar 29, 2013 at 02:27 PM..

Old
Fri Mar 29, 2013, 08:38 PM
(#2)
Since: Mar 2012
Yo wikked! Depends on his VPIP/PFR/AF. If he's loose and maniacal I'll go all in.

If he's tight, or a reg, I doubt he's bluffing when he raises you 4x OTF, especially UTG. The price he sets makes you committed OTT. I'll fold since against TT+, we're only beating JJ. And I don't see the need of him raising 4x with AK.

Just my 2 cents worth

Old
Sat Mar 30, 2013, 12:30 AM
(#3)
Since: Mar 2013
Pocket queens aren't IMO the safest hand to put yourself all-in, aces yeah why not, kings too but as for queens I'd proceed with caution regardless as it can be easily dominated with aces and kings.

Also i don't think that bigger 3bet PreFlop would make any difference, he had pocket AA, not the hand you wanna fold easily no matter how much pressure you put on your opponent or no matter how is his image on the table, ppl like to stick with their aces. As for flop I don't know, flop showed possible spades draw, bigger bet(semi-bluff) could have scared your opponent but with him holding pocket rocket...who knows. Did you have any read on him, was he loose or tight player?

My 2 cents

Last edited by Glatzenarch; Sat Mar 30, 2013 at 12:34 AM..

Old
Sat Mar 30, 2013, 06:14 AM
(#4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glatzenarch View Post
Pocket queens aren't IMO the safest hand to put yourself all-in, aces yeah why not, kings too but as for queens I'd proceed with caution regardless as it can be easily dominated with aces and kings.

Also i don't think that bigger 3bet PreFlop would make any difference, he had pocket AA, not the hand you wanna fold easily no matter how much pressure you put on your opponent or no matter how is his image on the table, ppl like to stick with their aces. As for flop I don't know, flop showed possible spades draw, bigger bet(semi-bluff) could have scared your opponent but with him holding pocket rocket...who knows. Did you have any read on him, was he loose or tight player?

My 2 cents
only had like 8 hands at that point of time when the hand was played and tagged the villain as LAGgish sorta player cos he/she had like 45/26 or something like those stats, so not much reads there. was hoping for AK there tho when villain shoved

Old
Sat Mar 30, 2013, 01:31 PM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2011
When I saw the flop, I was like uh-oh.
His range of small pocket pairs and perhaps suited connectors crush this board, also he can be slowplaying AA/KK, I see that happen all the time lately.
You either take this down with a C-bet and win a smallish pot or he'll raise you with a hand that beats you or has very good equity against you (eg nut flush overcard and flush draw 44% and pair plus flush draw and or straigth draw ~50%)

I'd opt for a delayed C-bet (get more info on the turn) or bet/fold.

The opponent his VPIP/PFR indicate a loose aggro type. I don't know his AF, but on draw heavy boards I'd be cautious with JJ+ here.

Old
Sat Mar 30, 2013, 10:06 PM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi wikked,

First off I don't mind the 3b preflop, but I think a strong case can be made for flatting as well here and this would be my preference:

1) UTG is not playing wildly aggressive by any stretch of the imagination, and is opening for 4x, so his range rates to be strong. 3-betting will likely fold out the weaker parts of his range we really want to play QQ in position against, but it will get action from the strong parts of his range.

2) There is a huge fish in the SB playing 172bb's deep... 3-betting will tend to push him out of the pot. We would really like to have him in the pot when we have a strong hand and position on him.

As to the flop action, I think it really stinks for us. We are losing to AA, KK, TT, 88, beating JJ and flipping with AsKs. This bet sizing is big enough to commit us to his stack and it also makes it clear he is not messing around as we can't expect him to ever fold to a reraise shove like you did after sizing his check-raise this large and for over half his remaining stack. He could have made it small like 1.65 and left some doubt in our heads that maybe he's testing the waters and leaving himself room to fold, but not for the 2.95 sizing. Can he have a hand like AT? I think not, opening for 4x and calling our 3B out of position that is a pretty loose spew with AT. We've got a bunch of money out there now but I think we are only realistically beating JJ and everything else in his range is smashing us, so this is a fold for me.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Mar 31, 2013, 03:39 AM
(#7)
thanks for all the comments and analysis guys
i'll notch this one under my "another donk spew" collection

gl gl!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com