Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

Query Online Example in 'Playing with Conviction'

Old
Query Online Example in 'Playing with Conviction' - Fri Mar 29, 2013, 07:41 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2013
I have a query in with the example program under 'Playing with Conviction'

Raise in example one gives you the 'thumbs up'.

Raise in example two and it says that's a mistake.

If we use the lesson from the previous pages of the rule of Two and four - isn't 40% chance to make another diamond reasonable?

Hole cards are A & 7 diamonds. Flop is As Qd 7s. Diamonds are 10 outs x 4 (two cards to come) = 40%

Am i missing something?

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/art...ith-conviction

Old
Fri Mar 29, 2013, 08:25 PM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi 80m8ty,

On the 2nd example, you have Ad7d, but there is only one diamond on the flop. There are 10 diamonds still unaccounted for, so it's fairly likely that one could come on the turn, but you'll still only have a hand with 4 diamonds, not a complete flush.
You have a flush draw (sometimes called a "four-flush") if you have two diamonds in your hand, and there are two more on the flop.

Hope this helps!
Cheers,
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Mar 30, 2013, 01:24 AM
(#3)
Since: Dec 2010
Hi 80m8ty,

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Mar 30, 2013, 01:32 AM
(#4)
Since: Mar 2013
Yeah Arty - I had my head up my arse mate. Your dead right, Thanks

Old
Sat Mar 30, 2013, 05:05 AM
(#5)
Since: Feb 2011
If you actually want to calculate a runner, runner flush the math is pretty simple.
OTT there are 10 outs in 47 unseen cards, or 10/47 =.2126 (rounded) (21.26%)
OTR there are then 9 outs in 46 unseen cards or 9/46 = .1957 (rounded) (19.57%)
You then just multiply the two. .2126 x .1957 = .0416 (rounded) or (4.16%) or roughly 24:1 against

May the tinfoil protect you. MT

Old
Sat Mar 30, 2013, 11:57 AM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
**moved**

Super-Moderator

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com