Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

AQo 400NL live 6 handed

Old
AQo 400NL live 6 handed - Sat Mar 30, 2013, 06:26 AM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2011
Hi,

Yesterday I had a nice session in a live poker cash game. I came across the following hand and I did not know what to do:

The blinds are 2€ 2€, and it is a very fishy spewy game. Sometimes even worse than the 2NL at pokerstars

A very loose over aggressive player that probably over values one pair, like many do in that game. Open raises for 10 BBs. 20€ and his stack was the effective stack of approximately 150€ he played a couple pots where he check - called OOP and shoved the river in my eyes quite randomly. Another note the guy was drinking beer and looked pretty tired. His usual open was limp or 4 to 6x and now 10x. I havent seen him doing that before (later on in the game he did it 2 or 3 more times)

I am on the button and receive AQo. I decided to fold, since I was unsure about 3betting and not to sure about calling and see a flop for that big of raise. We are 6 handed and AQ is a strong hand

He did later in the game put his stack in PFR with AQo, he limped 3bet that I believe.

What would you do?

Sjekkkk

Old
Sat Mar 30, 2013, 12:12 PM
(#2)
Since: Nov 2011
Hey Sjekkkk

I like the fold here. Maybe Dave will want to comment on this hand too as he is an experienced nlh live cash game player. I think this raise most often represents a hand that villain knows is strong but he is not confident in seeing a flop. There are essentially two types of hands that fall into this category, AK, and pairs 55-TT. Even if we add some random AQ and some tiny portion of flip outs like KT or A9, we are not going to do amazing versus that range.

We can't take a flop very effectively, and we have to commit to the hand if we want to raise. I say just let it go and let him make a mistake. If I had TT though, I would raise and get it in. TT+ AK I would make it like 60 Euro with that entire range and hopefully stack off preflop.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com