Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Sun Mar 31, 2013, 04:52 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2013
I'm new to PSO and would like to take place in the bankroll builder promotion

Old
Sun Mar 31, 2013, 04:57 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Mar 31, 2013, 11:43 PM
(#3)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hello tuntiturpaan,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Bankroll Builder hand replay J9off - Mon Apr 01, 2013, 06:15 PM
(#4)

Was this a good fold or a bad fold?

Old
Mon Apr 01, 2013, 06:21 PM
(#5)
And also, i have watched the video and answered the questions.

Old
Mon Apr 01, 2013, 07:47 PM
(#6)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi tuntiturpaan!

With J9 from the CO, I'm either going to make a standard raise to 3BB+1BB for each limper, or I'm going to fold. Limping behind gets me no information about the opps hand and invites even more opps into the hand. By doing this, even if I hit a J or 9 on the flop, I have absolutely no clue whether I'm ahead or not, so I won't know whether to bet, check or fold.

I flop top pair/marginal kicker but now, I have no clue whether I'm ahead or not and I want to be betting only if I'm ahead in a situation like this. Since I don't have any information on the opps, I'll make a pot-sized bet of 10, due to there being 4 opps in the hand. If the opps call, then I'll re-evaluate on the turn. If I get raised, then I need to fold.

The turn pairs the 5 and here is another spot where I wish there was a raise preflop. Without info on the opp, I'm now forced to make a 2/3 pot value bet (27 chips) and I still don't know if I'm ahead. I need to bet this though, as by checking, either of the opps can try to bluff me out of the pot due to showing weakness by checking.

The river is a 4 and if the opp makes a sizable bet after I raised preflop and bet the flop and turn, then I need to fold. However, since the turn was checked, I need to call this because there are a number of hand combinations that the opp could have that I'm ahead of.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

P.S. Please let me know when you pass the poker basics quiz (not just the ?'s in the lessons), as this is needed in order to more to the next step and I do not see in the system that you have passed it.

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Bankroll builder - Tue Apr 02, 2013, 04:43 AM
(#7)
Hey, ive done all of the three steps you asked me to do. So i have done the poker basics quiz too.

Old
Tue Apr 02, 2013, 11:53 AM
(#8)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi tuntiturpaan!

I don't show in our system that you have passed the basics quiz and cannot move forward until it's in there. If you have passed it, please send an e-mail to support@pokerschoolonline.com about it and they will be able to help get it corrected.

Please let me know when this is corrected, as I can't move you to the next step without that checked off.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Quiz - Tue Apr 02, 2013, 12:49 PM
(#9)
What about now, does it show that i have done the quiz ?

Old
Wed Apr 03, 2013, 08:05 PM
(#10)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuntiturpaan View Post
What about now, does it show that i have done the quiz ?
Please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

Let us know as soon as you have passed it.

Cheers,

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com