Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Mon Apr 01, 2013, 09:52 AM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2013
Hey there, I would like to start building up a bankroll, Please let me know if I qualify for it.

Regards

Toyer

Old
Mon Apr 01, 2013, 11:44 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Apr 01, 2013, 06:47 PM
(#3)
Hi Toyerk,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!
NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.
Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basics Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.
So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
AJ Off Suit - Sat Apr 06, 2013, 07:18 AM
(#4)

Hi there

I would like to know if this is the correct play, I had AJ off-suit, and posted the blind. On the flop in showed AJ9 of Diamonds - a player then bets and go all in on the bet, is this the correct play as there was a Flush draw and even though I won the hand with a full house. Are the odds high that my AJ would win most hands like this?

Awaiting your reply

This is for the bankroll builder bonus

Old
Sat Apr 06, 2013, 10:04 AM
(#5)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.
He will do this within the next 24 hours. Once it's been analysed, and you have passed the Basics quiz, I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Last edited by HokyPokyToo; Sat Apr 06, 2013 at 10:11 AM..

Old
Sat Apr 06, 2013, 12:47 PM
(#6)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Toyerk!

With AJo in the BB, there are 5 limps in front of me. I'm going to make a standard raise to 3BB+1BB for each limper. With 5 limpers, I'll raise to 8BB or 160. The reason for the raise is that I'm out of position and would like to try to lower the number of opps in the hand, which will make my hand easier to play after the flop.

The flop is both good and bad. I flop top 2 pair, but the board is VERY coordinated and the SB shoves. Even if the opp has the flush already (which is very possible), I have 7 outs on the turn to improve and will have 10 outs on the river if I don't hit on the turn. If the opp is on a draw or just has an ace, I'm way ahead. Due to this, I'm going to call the shove.

If I know for a fact that the only possible cards that the opp can hold is a flush, then I'm going to need to muck to the shove, as I will only win about 18% of the time. However, when I consider the opp's entire range (two diamonds, broadway, 9/broadway, 99+), I'm going to be the favorite to win about 60% of the time.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Apr 06, 2013, 01:48 PM
(#7)
Excellent!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.
Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game Course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Table Bullying - Sun Apr 07, 2013, 03:50 AM
(#8)
See hand below

I had A 10 off-suit and made 3 X BB raise, it got called and I had not hits on the flop. My opponent then raised and started to play aggressively till the river which caused me to fold. Was this the correct option or should I surrended more chips to the pot?

Regards

Toyer

Old
AK - Sun Apr 07, 2013, 04:23 AM
(#9)

I got AK off-suit (this was in a full ring table) and I raised 4 X BB, another player went all in, I called his All in, he had AJ off Suit, I always find that if you the short stack the odds are higher that the weaker hand will win, I take it that is all in my mind
Was it wrong to call the all-in with my AK?

Regards

Toyer

Old
Sun Apr 07, 2013, 03:33 PM
(#10)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.
He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Apr 07, 2013, 06:38 PM
(#11)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyerk View Post
See hand below

I had A 10 off-suit and made 3 X BB raise, it got called and I had not hits on the flop. My opponent then raised and started to play aggressively till the river which caused me to fold. Was this the correct option or should I surrended more chips to the pot?

Regards

Toyer
Hi Toyer!

Please stick to Full Ring tables in the future. You risk losing any future buyins if you play any other formats

Preflop looks great in this hand. Your betsize was perfect

Knowing how to play this hand postflop is really read dependant. Without a read, I would just fold on the flop. I keep it simple and safe at the tables. However, notice that the villain bet fairly small 6 cents on the flop. Then bet 6 cents again on the turn. This pattern of betting the same amount and usually small, is often a tell of a weak hand. It looks like he either has a smallish pocket pair and wants to get to the showdown cheap, or is on a draw and is trying to get to the showdown cheap. Either way, a solid raise on the turn to about half the pot will normally get this type of player to fold. Unfortunately we dont have a read on this person.

As played, folding on the river is good. You havent improved and now a flush is posssible.

GL and have fun at Full Ring

Roland GTX

Old
Sun Apr 07, 2013, 06:47 PM
(#12)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:

I got AK off-suit (this was in a full ring table) and I raised 4 X BB, another player went all in, I called his All in, he had AJ off Suit, I always find that if you the short stack the odds are higher that the weaker hand will win, I take it that is all in my mind
Was it wrong to call the all-in with my AK?

Regards

Toyer
Hey Toyer!

AK is a great starting hand. However, it is not worth risking our entire stack by calling preflop. As a pretty good general rule, only call a preflop all in (from normal a stack size)with KK or AA. The reward is just not worth the risk with other hands, even QQ or AK. It is better to be patient. Wait until you have a set, straight, flush or better before investing your entire stack in a hand.

Notice, even if the villain had 72o, you are still not much more than a 60/40 favorite to win.
Against a pocket pair you are pretty much a cointoss. In this case you had the villain dominated, but they will still win about 30% of the time.

Yeah, it seems like the short stack maniacs always win, but they don't. If they did always win, they would be short stacked....

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Sun Apr 07, 2013, 11:31 PM
(#13)
Hi Toyer,

Reminder: you must play ONLY 1/2 cent full ring tables. Playing any others will make you ineligible to continue in this promotion.

Please let us know when you have completed the Cash Game Course so that we may proceed to the next step.

Joss

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Last edited by HokyPokyToo; Sun Apr 07, 2013 at 11:37 PM..

Old
Thu Apr 11, 2013, 09:18 AM
(#14)
Hi there

I have completed the course and failed my first attempt at the course (got 60%) It said I can attempt again after 24 hours, this was nearly 2 days ago but I get this message "This quiz requires that you first complete a prior course quiz"

Please assist

Regards

Toyer

Old
Thu Apr 11, 2013, 09:43 AM
(#15)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
I have completed the course and failed my first attempt at the course (got 60%) It said I can attempt again after 24 hours, this was nearly 2 days ago but I get this message "This quiz requires that you first complete a prior course quiz"
Hello,

Please email support@pokerschoolonline.com and they will be able to assist you with this.

Cheers,

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com