Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

The right play?

Old
The right play? - Mon Apr 01, 2013, 11:31 AM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2013

did I make the most money possible?

Old
Mon Apr 01, 2013, 11:41 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi AAinmypockt!

What type of tourney is this from? The reason that I ask is that there will be different replies based on the type of tourney. Also, did you have any info on the opps?

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Apr 03, 2013, 09:44 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi AA,

With a 12 big blind stack and 3 limpers in front, this is a perfect spot to move all in preflop with QQ. We rate to have the best hand, can get called by worse for an opportunity to more than double up, and if they all fold we pick up 900 chips, a 37.5% increase in our stack size.

I don't like opening any lessor amount because it decreases fold equity and increases the chance we lose this hand and valuable chips which we can't afford to squander on such a short stack.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com