Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Mon Apr 01, 2013, 11:42 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2013
I'm new to PSO and would like to take place in the bankroll builder promotion.

Old
Bankroll :D - Mon Apr 01, 2013, 12:20 PM
(#2)
Hi i'd like to take part in this promotion please

Old
Mon Apr 01, 2013, 12:41 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Apr 01, 2013, 06:47 PM
(#4)
Since: Apr 2011
Hello,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

flophitter

Old
Bankroll Builder replay - Tue Apr 02, 2013, 06:31 AM
(#5)

did i do well by going all in or should i have only beted like a 100-200 and then go all in when i have seen the flop? thank you and i have done all 3 steps for the Bankroll Builder promotion,em I done now?

Old
Bankroll Builder promotion replay no.2 - Tue Apr 02, 2013, 06:32 AM
(#6)

hello here is another hand.Is it good that I've gone all in or not? it was a risk but i took it and won

Old
All steps done - Tue Apr 02, 2013, 06:39 AM
(#7)
So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

ALL DONE!

Old
Bankroll Builder PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) - Tue Apr 02, 2013, 02:04 PM
(#8)

Have I've done well?

Last edited by Cobra smb; Tue Apr 02, 2013 at 02:08 PM..

Old
Bankroll Builder replay - Tue Apr 02, 2013, 02:11 PM
(#9)

and what do you think of this hand?

Old
Wed Apr 03, 2013, 08:56 AM
(#10)
Thanks for that, we'll have the hand analysis done and posted here shortly

Old
Wed Apr 03, 2013, 01:20 PM
(#11)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Cobra smd!

With JJ from the BB there are 5 limps. I'm going to make a standard raise which is to 3BB+1BB for each limper. With 5 limps, I'll raise to 8BB or 400. I want to keep all of my raises standard, so that the opps are continually guessing as to the cards that I'm playing. It also will hopefully help to get some of the opps to fold, as JJ plays much better against fewer opps.

The flop misses me and contains an ace, which any of the opps could easily have, putting me behind. Due to this, I'm going to check the flop against this many opps. If I was heads-up, I could try making a 1/2 pot c-bet, but not against this many opponents.

Luckily, they all check behind and I hit a set on the turn (although it also completes a straight draw). When it checks to me, due to the large number of opps in the hand, I will make a pot-sized raise of 1050. I want to get value for my hand and also would like for some of the opps to fold. I don't want to make a small bet here, as if multiple of the opps call, they can be getting the correct odds to try to outdraw me, which is something that I want to avoid if at all possible.

The river is what should be a blank and here, I'm going to bet whatever I think the opps will call and will size it at just under a 1/2 pot bet, so I will bet 1000. If either opp raises, I'm more than happy to go all-in, but I don't want to have the opps fold and miss out on gaining extra chips from them.
------------
With J9o from UTG, I'm going to immediately fold this, as it's nowhere near a strong enough hand to be playing from this position. Playing marginal-at-best hands from early position is going to cost me a very large number of chips over time.

Also, when I'm the first one into the pot, I either want to make a standard raise or fold, as open-limping is something that is very exploitable by observant and better opps, which will cost me a very large amount of chips over time. The reason for it is that observant opps will raise when I do this, as it's a tell that my hand is weak.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Bankroll Builder - Wed Apr 03, 2013, 01:30 PM
(#12)
Ok so I've done all 3 steps when do i get my bonus? thank you

Old
Wed Apr 03, 2013, 01:52 PM
(#13)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra smb View Post
Ok so I've done all 3 steps when do i get my bonus? thank you
Hello,

Your personal instructor will let you know within the next 24 hours.

Cheers,

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Apr 03, 2013, 02:05 PM
(#14)
Thank you

Old
Wed Apr 03, 2013, 02:45 PM
(#15)
Brilliant!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

flophitter

Old
Replay - Thu Apr 04, 2013, 10:49 AM
(#16)

I think i played a good hand what do you thin?

Old
Fri Apr 05, 2013, 08:29 AM
(#17)
Thanks for that, we'll have the hand analysis done shortly. Meanwhile just let me know when you have completed the other tasks

Old
Fri Apr 05, 2013, 08:07 PM
(#18)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi Cobra smb! I'l take a look at this hand.

You're in the SB with K3s and everyone before you has folded, meaning you only have the big blind to beat. Your hand is by no means a monster, but it's playable in this situation. If you are the first player to enter a pot, then you should do so with a raise, not a limp (calling the big blind). If you make it a standard raise of 3bb (6c), then you immediately give the big blind a decision to make. If he folds, that's fine, because you just won a blind with a fairly marginal hand. If he calls, that's not too terrible, because you took some initiative with your raise. There will also be 12c in the pot, so you can make a meaningful continuation bet of at least 6c, and take it down there, whether you hit the flop or not.
Just limping in lets the big blind see the flop for free, because he's already paid his blind.
Fortunately for you, you made top pair on the flop. Since villain just checked his option and didn't raise pre-flop, he can have any two cards, meaning his range is pretty weak.
I like your post-flop actions. Your line of pot-sized bet on the flop, half pot turn, half pot river is exactly how I'd play this hand. You started with a weak hand, but made trips and got 3 streets of value. Nice one!
You missed some value, though. If you'd entered the pot with a standard raise of 3bb, then this line would have led to more value, because you'd be betting 12c, 18c and 36c (instead of 4c, 6c, 12c), so you'd win a much bigger pot and probably double up your stack.

Try and remember this in future: If you have a hand that's good enough to play, and you're first into the pot, open it with a standard raise of 6c, to start building a pot.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Apr 08, 2013, 04:38 PM
(#19)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Hello,

Please let us know when you have passed the Cash Game course and we'll get your next bonus to you

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com