Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll builder

Old
Bankroll builder - Tue Apr 02, 2013, 05:09 PM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2012
I'm interested in the bankroll builder program. Played lots of small stakes tourneys here and there.

My kryptonite 'Cash games' !!

I've been grinding following the Omaha promotion,but this little bit could really help.

Sometime I turn $5 into something, sometimes I reload.

New to PokerStars and have yet to make a deposit.

Goal to today: Learn to used betting buttons to 'Shock and Awe'

Result: (so far) I'm happy, nothing much, but only 2cents
for now.

Thanks Sean

Old
Tue Apr 02, 2013, 05:56 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Apr 03, 2013, 09:04 AM
(#3)
Since: Apr 2011
Hello,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

flophitter

Old
Bankroll Builder Program: Hand Analysis - OMG is this the worst ever? - Thu Apr 04, 2013, 02:51 AM
(#4)
Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Was looking for some classic trouble hands. But this seems just like a plan gone wrong.

With everyone limping I was trying to up the stakes, AJs, good hand with some draws.

Missed flop/ normal, random flop/ not wet or dry/ but with wrong flush draw...

Abort Abort, table image gone? Comments?

Old
Bankroll Builder Program: Step 1 - 1,2,3 All Done! - Thu Apr 04, 2013, 03:12 AM
(#5)
1) Watched the video

2) Posted an 'interesting' hand

3) Passed Poker Basics

Step I Complete!

Old
Thu Apr 04, 2013, 09:11 AM
(#6)
Thanks for that, we'll have the hand analysis done shortly, followed by your next steps

Old
Thu Apr 04, 2013, 01:11 PM
(#7)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Midashine!

With AJs on the button, I get 3 limps in front of me. I'm going to make a standard raise here, which is to 3BB+1BB for each limper. With 3 limpers, I'll raise to 12. I want to keep all of my bets and raises standard, so the opps are continually guessing as to the cards that I'm playing.

The flop totally misses me and has a flush draw. I now get the SB making an almost pot-sized bet that is min-raised by the CO. Since I've got absolutely nothing with a bet and raise in front of me, this is actually an easy muck for me. One, if not both of the opps hit the board, which means I'm way behind. Since I want to be putting chips in when I'm ahead and this is a situation when I'm not, I need to muck and look for a better situation to get my chips into.

One key with this hand (for all the players) is that I want to be making standard bets. Preflop, I base them on the size of the BB (or a player's raise amount if the pot is raised) and postflop I base them on the size of the pot (most of the time between 1/2 and a pot-sized bet).

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Bankroll Builder Program: Hand Analysis - Thu Apr 04, 2013, 01:40 PM
(#8)
Thanks for the analysis, I'll try to keep this in mind, and play and review some more scenaros.

Thanks

Sean

Old
Thu Apr 04, 2013, 02:23 PM
(#9)
Brilliant!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

flophitter

Old
Bankroll Builder Program - Bet sizing - Fri Apr 05, 2013, 11:49 AM
(#10)
Reasons to make a big bet:

1) To put pressure on opponent

2) To bluff opponent off a stronger hand

3) To gain value from very strong hands, Eg. a straight, a flush, trips.

Old
Bankroll Builder - QQs ?? - Fri Apr 05, 2013, 07:25 PM
(#11)
Check out this hand I just played on @PokerStars in tournament "PokerSchool Open Skill League" http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...029_FA6273AFA0 #BOOMPlayer

this is really the type of hand I need analysed, super float (cause he did) or dead to Aces full of 3s?

Old
Fri Apr 05, 2013, 07:33 PM
(#12)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midashine View Post
Check out this hand I just played on @PokerStars in tournament "PokerSchool Open Skill League" http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...029_FA6273AFA0 #BOOMPlayer

this is really the type of hand I need analysed, super float (cause he did) or dead to Aces full of 3s?
Hello,

Tournament hands do not count for the Bankroll Builder promotion as it's a Cash Game promotion only. If you would like to have your tournament hand analysed please post it >>HERE<<

To continue with your Bankroll Builder promotion please complete the 3 steps above and ONLY use the Hand Replayer to post hands for review as BOOM hands will not count for this promotion.

Cheers,

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Bankrolll Builder - 1st bonus - Sat Apr 06, 2013, 03:23 AM
(#13)
Hi

was waiting on the first deposit bonus.

Not sure when it will be made.

Thank you

Sean

Old
Sat Apr 06, 2013, 01:48 PM
(#14)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midashine View Post
Hi
was waiting on the first deposit bonus.
You should have now

Please complete the 3 steps above to get your 2nd bonus!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Bankroll Builder - J9 off: Just not good enough? - Wed Apr 10, 2013, 02:40 PM
(#15)
Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Well I have two problems at cash tables (main problems):

1) Connecting with a strong hand on the flop and then having it all turn to a nightmare by the river.
(IE) Fold large hand to large bets or calling large bets ..when opponent has the nuts (too often).

2) The slow bleed, moderate holding, paying off too much, in a variety of little pots. Fish? When should I
have laid this down. Hmm, 10% call,with second pair, medium kicker, possible flush.

Old
Bankroll Builder: Level II Initiated!!! - Wed Apr 10, 2013, 02:54 PM
(#16)
Level 2

Steps 1,2,3 done

1) Answered the bet sizing quiz up there somewhere.

2) Passed cash game course, good discussion.

3) And posted a decent hand this time!

Note1: Looking back on it, it really is a problem hand. Three people in the pot, with high card Jack seems reasonable to believe my Jack is best. 2nd I picked up a flush draw on the turn. 9 high isn't a great flush, but with the Jack out, I am behind the dangerous Ace and King of hearts (more dangerous from the raiser) and the lucky holdings of Queen and Ten of hearts.

Note2: I had worried feeling he was hold a hand like 86suited of hearts, and/or trying to rep. that hand.
The way the big blind slow played his hand I never suspected AJo, I more suspected the Ace on the
as a bluff card. Though I was worried the villain was holding something like A7o, with a 7 of hearts.

Old
Thu Apr 11, 2013, 08:59 AM
(#17)
Great thanks for posting the hand. We'll provide the analysis here soon, followed by your next steps.

Old
Thu Apr 11, 2013, 12:10 PM
(#18)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi Midashine! I'll take a look at this J9 hand and give you some advice about making your decisions easier.

You have J9 in the SB and there's a limp. Although you only have to pay 1c to see a flop, I'd actually muck here, at least until you've got more post-flop experience and/or good reads/notes on your opponents. J9 is a very tricky hand to play out of position. Since the SB is the worst position of all, you should save your money and fold.
As played, you complete and the BB checks. The flop is 722tt (two-tone, with a flush draw) and it gets checked around. The turn brings you top pair, but the makes a flush possible. I wouldn't necessarily put anyone on a made flush here, as often an opponent will take a stab on the flop if they have a draw.
I'd actually bet out here for half pot. You usually have the best hand, and you don't want villains to take a free card and improve on the river (with an overcard or another heart).
When you're out of position, like here, there's a great play you can make and that's the bet-fold play, which means you'll make a bet, but you will fold to a raise.
Learning to bet-fold is a crucial skill to master in microstakes cashgames. Since villains aren't bluffing very often, we can take a straightforward approach. That is to say, we can bet when we think we are ahead, but we will fold when villain tells us (by raising) that we're not.
Because you didn't bet the jack, you end up being unsure where you're at. The BB's bet on the jack could represent top pair (either better or worse than yours), a made flush that has you crushed, or just a good flush draw with the or . Your 9-high flush draw is barely worth thinking about, because it will still lose to the Th, Qh, Kh or Ah.
You call the turn, and really you need to hit another jack or a 9 on the river to feel good about your hand. The Ace is not good. When you check here, villain will check behind with marginal jacks (so you sometimes have the best hand), but will bet if he already had the flush, or improved to two pairs. In short, he's never betting the river with J8 or J6, so you should fold.

Hopefully, you learned a couple of things from this analysis.
To summarize:
* Fold J9 in the SB, because it's a tricky hand to play OOP, and playing it does not have a positive expectation.
* When you think you have the best hand, use the bet-fold play.
* Be more inclined to fold when the board gets ugly for your hand. Villains are seldom bluffing.

Hope this helps!
Cheers,
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Apr 11, 2013, 04:25 PM
(#19)
Hello,

Fantastic!

Your second Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your 2nd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

flophitter

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com