Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Johnny's bankroll builder

Old
Johnny's bankroll builder - Wed Apr 03, 2013, 05:04 AM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2013
i'm interested in bankroll builder and also in getting a free 8 $.. thank you for the offer..

Old
Wed Apr 03, 2013, 06:12 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyTzar View Post
i'm interested in bankroll builder and also in getting a free 8 $.. thank you for the offer..
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Apr 03, 2013, 07:46 PM
(#3)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyTzar View Post
Hello,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
bankroll builder question - Tue Apr 09, 2013, 07:25 AM
(#4)
Since: Apr 2013

after the flop a hit trips of Aces. Do you think my raise was to small for this kind of hand?

Old
Tue Apr 09, 2013, 08:42 AM
(#5)
(Community Coordinator)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Apr 09, 2013, 12:29 PM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi JohnnyTzar!

With AK from the hijack, I'm going to make a standard open-raise, which is to 3BB+1BB for each limper. With 2 limpers, I'll raise to 5BB or 10 chips. I can easily have the best hand here, but without a made hand, I don't want a bunch of opps drawing to beat me cheaply.

I flop trip aces and when it checks to me, I need to make a value bet here. Due to the large amount of opps in the hand, I'll need to make a pot-sized value bet of 12 chips. I do NOT want to check here. I have the best hand and want to get value from it, also, I do not want to possibly give any opp the chance to draw a card that can beat me without paying to see it.

The turn puts possible flush and straight draws on the board and now an opp makes an abnormally small bet. I need to raise here, as I don't want to give any of the opps that have a draw, the correct odds to do so. With a large number of opps, I'm going to make a pot-sized raise here to 20 chips.

The river should be a blank and the opp makes another abnormally small bet. Now, with only 3 opps in the hand, I'm going to make a 3/4 pot sized raise, instead of the pot-sized raise when I had more opps. Due to this, I will raise to 28 chips.

The keys here are to make standard bets and raises and not to check when I've got the best hand and someone could possibly draw a card that can beat me.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Apr 09, 2013, 06:40 PM
(#7)
(Community Coordinator)
Hello,

Please let me know as soon as you pass the Poker Basics course and I'll get your first buy-in to you

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com