Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

5kid - Bankroll builder

Old
Default
5kid - Bankroll builder - Wed Apr 03, 2013, 06:27 AM
(#1)
5kid's Avatar
Since: Mar 2013
Posts: 10
Hello , i am 5kid and i want to build my bankroll with you !
King regards, 5kid
 
Old
Default
Wed Apr 03, 2013, 07:34 AM
(#2)
royalraise85's Avatar
Since: Jul 2011
Posts: 26,022
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kid View Post
Hello , i am 5kid and i want to build my bankroll with you !
King regards, 5kid
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser


Moderator

Bracelet Winner


 
Old
Default
Wed Apr 03, 2013, 07:46 PM
(#3)
royalraise85's Avatar
Since: Jul 2011
Posts: 26,022
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kid View Post
Hello , i am 5kid and i want to build my bankroll with you !
King regards, 5kid
Hello,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.



After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.



Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

Raiser


Moderator

Bracelet Winner


 
Old
Default
Fri Apr 05, 2013, 07:40 AM
(#4)
5kid's Avatar
Since: Mar 2013
Posts: 10
Hello, i read all in Basic course, started poker basic course, answer on all questions, but it dont want to show me question number 2. And now i cannot finish the quiz. What to do now?
King regards, 5kid
 
Old
Default
Fri Apr 05, 2013, 07:45 AM
(#5)
royalraise85's Avatar
Since: Jul 2011
Posts: 26,022
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kid View Post
Hello, i read all in Basic course, started poker basic course, answer on all questions, but it dont want to show me question number 2. And now i cannot finish the quiz. What to do now?
King regards, 5kid
Hello,

Please contact support@pokerschoolonline.com and they will help you with this.

Raiser


Moderator

Bracelet Winner


 
Old
Default
Fri Apr 05, 2013, 07:45 AM
(#6)
5kid's Avatar
Since: Mar 2013
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kid View Post
Hello, i read all in Basic course, started poker basic course, answer on all questions, but it dont want to show me question number 2. And now i cannot finish the quiz. What to do now?
King regards, 5kid
I solve my problems, sorry for disturbing.
 
Old
Default
Fri Apr 05, 2013, 08:21 AM
(#7)
5kid's Avatar
Since: Mar 2013
Posts: 10
I think it was nice draw, what you say?

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner
 
Old
Default
Fri Apr 05, 2013, 11:31 AM
(#8)
royalraise85's Avatar
Since: Jul 2011
Posts: 26,022
(Community Coordinator)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.


Moderator

Bracelet Winner


 
Old
Default
Fri Apr 05, 2013, 01:06 PM
(#9)
JWK24's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 24,814
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi 5kid!

The first tip that I'd recommend is that when sitting down at a ring table, to always wait for the BB before playing. Paying extra blinds over and over will be a HUGE drain to a player's bankroll.

With 89o, I'd like to muck this preflop since it is a worse than average hand, however, since the blind was posted, I'll check and hope to see a free flop. If any of the opps raise, then I'm going to fold.

I flop an open-ended straight draw, but there is also a flush draw possible, so all of my outs may not be good. If the two club outs are not, then I only have 6 outs which by the rule of 4 and 2, makes my hand worth 12%. If all of my outs are good (8 outs), then my hand will be worth 16%. I have to call 10 chips into a pot that will be 70 chips if I call, so my pot equity is 10/70=14%.
Due to this, if I think that any of the opps could be drawing to clubs, I need to fold here. If not, then I will call the 10 and re-evaluate on the turn. If I raise, then due to the large number of opps, I'd need to make a pot-sized raise to 70 and I do not want to put that many chips into the pot without a made hand where I'm ahead. Raising smaller than to 70 would be a bet where the opps are going to expect to gain chips instead of me, so this is something that I do not want to do.

I hit my straight on the turn, but there is still a possible flush draw. With 3 opps in the hand, I'm going to bet 3/4 the size of the pot here as a value bet (98 chips). I want to keep my bets standard, based on the board texture and the number of opps, as this will help to conceal the strength of my hand.

The river is a blank and when it checks to me, I'm going to make a value bet of just under 1/2 pot (175 chips). The reason for this bet size is that I want to get as much value as I can for my straight, but I don't want to bet too big and have the opp fold.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)


Super-Moderator



6 Time Bracelet Winner


 
Old
Default
Fri Apr 05, 2013, 01:10 PM
(#10)
royalraise85's Avatar
Since: Jul 2011
Posts: 26,022
(Community Coordinator)
Please let me know as soon as you pass the Poker Basic quiz and I'll get your first bonus to you

Raiser


Moderator

Bracelet Winner


 
Old
Default
Fri Apr 05, 2013, 08:58 PM
(#11)
5kid's Avatar
Since: Mar 2013
Posts: 10
I have some problems with poker assesment quiz again, i think i finish it but i am not really sure .
 
Old
Default
Fri Apr 05, 2013, 08:58 PM
(#12)
5kid's Avatar
Since: Mar 2013
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK24 View Post
Hi 5kid!

The first tip that I'd recommend is that when sitting down at a ring table, to always wait for the BB before playing. Paying extra blinds over and over will be a HUGE drain to a player's bankroll.

With 89o, I'd like to muck this preflop since it is a worse than average hand, however, since the blind was posted, I'll check and hope to see a free flop. If any of the opps raise, then I'm going to fold.

I flop an open-ended straight draw, but there is also a flush draw possible, so all of my outs may not be good. If the two club outs are not, then I only have 6 outs which by the rule of 4 and 2, makes my hand worth 12%. If all of my outs are good (8 outs), then my hand will be worth 16%. I have to call 10 chips into a pot that will be 70 chips if I call, so my pot equity is 10/70=14%.
Due to this, if I think that any of the opps could be drawing to clubs, I need to fold here. If not, then I will call the 10 and re-evaluate on the turn. If I raise, then due to the large number of opps, I'd need to make a pot-sized raise to 70 and I do not want to put that many chips into the pot without a made hand where I'm ahead. Raising smaller than to 70 would be a bet where the opps are going to expect to gain chips instead of me, so this is something that I do not want to do.

I hit my straight on the turn, but there is still a possible flush draw. With 3 opps in the hand, I'm going to bet 3/4 the size of the pot here as a value bet (98 chips). I want to keep my bets standard, based on the board texture and the number of opps, as this will help to conceal the strength of my hand.

The river is a blank and when it checks to me, I'm going to make a value bet of just under 1/2 pot (175 chips). The reason for this bet size is that I want to get as much value as I can for my straight, but I don't want to bet too big and have the opp fold.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)
John, i am really thanksful for helping me , nice tips !
 
Old
Default
Sun Apr 07, 2013, 02:26 PM
(#13)
5kid's Avatar
Since: Mar 2013
Posts: 10
i have finished quiz and i passsed
 
Old
Default
Sun Apr 07, 2013, 03:19 PM
(#14)
royalraise85's Avatar
Since: Jul 2011
Posts: 26,022
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kid View Post
i have finished quiz and i passsed
Brilliant!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.



List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!


Moderator

Bracelet Winner


 
Old
Default
Tue Apr 09, 2013, 09:37 AM
(#15)
5kid's Avatar
Since: Mar 2013
Posts: 10
Finally, i think problem is gone


Last edited by 5kid; Tue Apr 09, 2013 at 09:41 AM..
 
Old
Default
Tue Apr 09, 2013, 10:05 AM
(#16)
royalraise85's Avatar
Since: Jul 2011
Posts: 26,022
(Community Coordinator)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.


Moderator

Bracelet Winner


 
Old
Default
Tue Apr 09, 2013, 11:35 AM
(#17)
Roland GTX's Avatar
Since: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,905
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kid View Post
Finally, i think problem is gone


Hi 5kid

Nice pot

In this hand you are in ep with AJs facing an utg raise. We normally need to assume an utg raise is a strong hand. I strongly suggest folding in this situation in the future. Firstly, we rate to have a worse hand than the raiser. Secondly, with most of the table yet to act, we run the risk of getting re-raised and being forced to fold.

As played, checking the flop was smart. You only have a weak straight draw and the board fits with the ranges of both opponents. The 10 on the turn gives you a straight and the current nuts. However, notice that the board is offering two flush draws. Plus, if the river pairs the board a full house will also be possible. When the utg villain bets, I suggest raising now. We need to protect our hand on such a dangerous board. Raise now while you have the best hand and force the others to make a mistake. Moreover, if they are chasing a flush, we want to bet now while they still believe they have a chance of winning the hand.

All the chips ended up in the middle and you dodged a few bullets on the river. Very nice pot

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX
 
Old
Default
Tue Apr 09, 2013, 11:55 AM
(#18)
5kid's Avatar
Since: Mar 2013
Posts: 10
Thanks Roland !
King Regards
 
Old
Default
Tue Apr 09, 2013, 06:50 PM
(#19)
royalraise85's Avatar
Since: Jul 2011
Posts: 26,022
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kid View Post
Thanks Roland !
King Regards
Hello,

Please let me know as soon as you pass the Cash Game course and I'll get your next bonus to you.

Raiser


Moderator

Bracelet Winner


 

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com