Since: Oct 2010
Villain is 40/20/2 (20 Hands)
Will you make that call for 150bb?

Old
Wed Apr 03, 2013, 12:33 PM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2011
The short answer is no.
This villain is pretty loose, but it's a small sample and he's UTG, so I'm going to assign him the standard pre-flop stack off range of QQ+/AK, against which you have 40% equity. If you've seen him do this with worse (JJ/TT, AQ) then it's a call.
If my numbers are right, there will be $30.02 in the final pot if you call. You'll be calling 13.79 into that pot. 1379/3002 is almost 46%. So when you call this off, you only break even if you have 46% equity. Since you're likely to have only 40%, it's a fold.

For 100bb, I'm happy to get it in, and I'm sure you are too, as AK is villain's most likely hand, and all the dead money would make it worth it.

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com