Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

poker dream

Old
poker dream - Wed Apr 03, 2013, 08:34 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2012
I have 39 years and Poker is my last chance to be succsessful in something)

Old
Wed Apr 03, 2013, 09:05 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Apr 04, 2013, 01:01 AM
(#3)
Hi DARKIANAC,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!
NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.
Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basics Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.
So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
devils number - Thu Apr 04, 2013, 02:02 PM
(#4)

read this

Old
Thu Apr 04, 2013, 04:48 PM
(#5)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.
He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Apr 04, 2013, 05:09 PM
(#6)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi DARKIANAC!

With 66, I have three limps (2 actual limps and a post). I'm going to limp behind and try to setmine and hit a 6.

I see a 7-way flop and hit top set, but there are staright draws and even a possible made straight. When it checks to me due to the large number of opps, I will make a pot-sized value bet. The reason for betting 140 here is that I want to give as many opps that are drawing to a straight the wrong odds to try to beat me.

The flop is an overcard and with 3 opps, I'll make a 3/4 pot value bet of 380. Depending on my read of the opps, I could also shove the turn here, as this bet will be very close to pot committing me. Once again, I don't want to bet less than this because I could be giving the opps the correct odds to try to outdraw me.

The river should be a blank and I now have an opp make a large abnormal bet. While they may have a straight, I'm going to call here, as it could very easily be a bluff or a worse hand.

The keys with this hand are to make standard bets, as this helps to conceal the strength of my hand.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Apr 04, 2013, 05:35 PM
(#7)
Please let us know when you have passed your Basics quiz so that we may proceed with your next step!

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Last edited by HokyPokyToo; Fri Apr 05, 2013 at 01:45 AM..

Old
poker dream - Fri Apr 05, 2013, 08:40 PM
(#8)
According to our system you have passed the Basic Assessment Course with
>> 60% on 24 Novemeber.

Old
Fri Apr 05, 2013, 10:42 PM
(#9)
Excellent!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.
Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game Course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
diamonds are fo ever - Mon May 06, 2013, 08:24 PM
(#10)

Hello again,sorry I haven´t been around much lately but now I´m back again and have a few situations, from my last session on 0,01$/0,02$ tables ,for you to analyze,please.It is for my step 2 in the bankroll builder.
So here is one of them

Old
Mon May 06, 2013, 11:14 PM
(#11)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.
He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Please let us know when you have completed the cash game quiz.

Cheers.

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Last edited by HokyPokyToo; Mon May 06, 2013 at 11:23 PM..

Old
Tue May 07, 2013, 03:26 AM
(#12)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKIANAC View Post

Hello again,sorry I haven´t been around much lately but now I´m back again and have a few situations, from my last session on 0,01$/0,02$ tables ,for you to analyze,please.It is for my step 2 in the bankroll builder.
So here is one of them
Hi DARKIANAC

Nice pot! However, you were extemely lucky to win this hand. Let's take a closer look.

Raising the limper with AJo is good. However, I suggest following the standard bet size of 3bb plus 1 bb for each limper. Make it 8 cents rather than 6. The smaller bet is too easy for the villain to call. The bb wakes up with a hand and 3-bets! This is normally the sign of a very strong hand. The original limper calls. You have postion on them both, but what range of hands do you put your opponents on? Typically they will have pocket pairs or an A with a better kicker than yours. In other words, you are not beating much of their range. Worse, if you flop an A, you will often lose a big pot to a villain with a better kicker. I suggest folding preflop here. Note, if you had AJs, you could call as a specuulative hand hoping to flop a straight or flush draw AND having two high cards as a backup plan.

As played, you miss the flop completely. The bb leads with a bet and the co raises putting you both all in. Calling as you did is a huge mistake! You have nothing except two overcards now. Both villains have shown great strength preflop and again on the flop. Do you realistically think you are ahead now? Moreover, how do you expect your hand to improve on the turn and river? You were extemely lucky to catch two running cards for the flush. That will happen very rarely. I strongly suggest folding 100% of the time here. Calling will quickly cost you a ton of money.

Try to be patient. Wait until you have a strong made hand, preferably a set or better, before committing your entire stack postflop.

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
did I play it right? - Tue May 07, 2013, 07:35 AM
(#13)

thanks for yours quick evaluationand hheres another one of my ˝fantastic˝ handswith my cash game quiz results.

Congratulations on successfully completing the Pokerschool Cash Quiz course on 20th March 2013 with 74% of correct answers.
Regards D.

Last edited by DARKIANAC; Tue May 07, 2013 at 07:59 AM..

Old
Tue May 07, 2013, 08:34 AM
(#14)

Old
Tue May 07, 2013, 10:58 AM
(#15)
Thank you for posting these hands for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at them for you.
He will do this within the next 24 hours and once they've been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue May 07, 2013, 12:20 PM
(#16)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi DARKIANAC! I'd already seen and analysed this hand AA when you posted it elsewhere on the forum. I didn't realise you were brand new player, so I'm sorry if I sounded a little harsh. I'm afraid to say you played this AA hand pretty badly. Every time the action was on you, you made the wrong play. There's a lot you can learn from this hand, so I hope you understand everything I write here.

You have AA in MP and there is a raise before you. AA is the best starting hand and it is standard to immediately re-raise here. Slowplaying by calling is not a good idea, because that could cause other players to also call, and then your aces are much more likely to get cracked. You want to get value for your big hand and you'd prefer to be heads up on the flop. A 3-bet reraise is in order and a standard size is 3 times the original open. I'd make it 9bb (18c).
As played, you call and the player after you makes a big 3-bet to 30c. This is a squeeze play which some players will make when there is a raise and a call, making it very hard for the first raiser and caller to continue in a 3-way pot without a monster hand. The 3-bet is likely to be a monster hand, generally in the range JJ+ and AK. The first raiser folds and the action is on you. Since you have the best starting hand and villain is likely to also have a hand he's willing to play for stacks with, you should 4-bet for value and try to get all in as soon as possible. A typical size for a 4-bet is 2.5 times the 3-bet, but you should add some more when the pot is already large because of the first raise. I'd go with 70c here. A minraise to 54c isn't a great play, because villain has good odds to call. You have the best hand, so build a BIG pot. Betting bigger also sets up a low stack to pot ratio, which will mean you can stack off on the flop or turn.

As played you minraise and villain calls, and the flop comes J95. You're only losing to JJ here, but you should bet for value, hoping to get called by QQ+ and AK. Betting 8c into $1.18 serves no purpose. If villain has a draw, he's not making a mistake by calling. You should bet somewhere between half pot and full pot. I'd go with about 70c, because if villain calls, he'll be pot-committed to calling a shove on the turn.
Villain calls the 8c and the turn is the T. This is a bad card for you, because KQ just made a straight. Why are you overbetting the pot now? When you make a big bet like that, it's really hard to get called by worse, so you don't get value. If villain has JJ or TT or KQ, he's definitely calling, and he'll win your whole stack. About the only worse hands that call here are KK and QQ, and both of those have straight draws. Since villain folded, I think he has AK almost always.

In future, try and stick to standard lines. Don't get tricky or slowplay your big hands. Make solid raises pre-flop and then make bets of between half pot and full pot on the flop.

Hope this helps!
Cheers,
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue May 07, 2013, 12:39 PM
(#17)
Since: Oct 2011
Oh, I missed the 76 hand.

When you're in the small blind with this hand, it's really best to fold, even though you only have to call 1c to see a flop. The reason is you'll be out of position post-flop and you'll usually flop a very weak hand or draw. As played, you call and hit bottom two pairs on a two tone board with a flush draw. This is a good situation for you.
Bottom two pairs is a hand I play fast. I'd lead out with a pot-sized bet here. I'm happy if I take the pot down immediately, but I don't mind if one villain calls, because it's easy to put him on a hand, as the only hands that will cal a pot-sized bet are sets, two pairs, top pair and a flush draws.
One reason to lead out is that you don't want this hand getting checked around, as someone could turn a flush for free.
As played, you check, apparently going for the check-raise. This is fancy play syndrome and it's usually counter-productive. There is a minbet and a call when the action gets back to you. Raising is definitely the right play, but your sizing is too small. There is 12c in the pot now. With two villains in the pot, you should make a pot-sized bet of 12c to get as much value as possible, and make it a mistake for them to call with a flush draw. You just raise to 6c and one villain calls. He's not making a mistake if he has a flush draw, because you gave him a bargain price.
The turn comes the , a horrible card for you, as a couple of draws just got there (98 made a straight, any two spades made a flush). Here you should either check-fold, or - my preference - bet-fold, which means you should make a bet of about half pot (to get value from Qx and random spade draws) but fold if you get raised. By checking, you again give villain the opportunity to bluff you off your hand, or draw out for free. He just makes a small bet, so I think he has a Q. You're ahead of that, but there are no good river cards for you except for 7s and 6s.
The river makes the board even worse for you. The means there are now 4 spades on the board. You have a flush, but it's a very weak flush. If villain has the 8s or 9s, he beats you. He might even have a straight/royal flush!
Betting now is really bad. I just can't imagine a worse hand than a 6-high flush ever calling here, when the board is so scary. I am amazed to see villain calls and you actually had the winning hand. I can only imagine he had a queen and thought the price was too cheap not to call.
You were really lucky here. Most of the time, you're only getting called by the nuts on this river. You simply cannot bet a 6-high flush and expect to get value from worse.

Try not to think about the strength of your own hand. Think about all the possible hands out there. If there are lots of worse hands that can call, then make a bet. If nothing worse can call, don't make the bet.

Hope this helps.
Cheers!
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue May 07, 2013, 07:37 PM
(#18)
Hi DARKIANAC,

Fantastic!

Your next Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving this bonus and you will automatically be credited with the next bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your this bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Joss

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
poker dream - Thu May 30, 2013, 06:39 PM
(#19)
Hello,first I wish to thank You on my rewards I recived from You for pass in all three of four steps in Bankroll Builder promotion.
So I am waiting for instructions to complete my fourth and final step.

Regards
DARKIANAC kiss

Old
Thu May 30, 2013, 10:40 PM
(#20)
Hi DARKIANAC,

Fantastic! You have released your 3rd bonus!

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving this bonus and you will automatically be credited with the next bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your this bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Joss

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com