Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

bankroll builder to become a rich poker player

Old
bankroll builder to become a rich poker player - Thu Apr 04, 2013, 06:25 AM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2013
i want to take part in your promotion. i dream of becoming a future online pro like my idol spacegravy. to infinity and beyond.

Old
Thu Apr 04, 2013, 07:04 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHARK.BADONG View Post
i want to take part in your promotion. i dream of becoming a future online pro like my idol spacegravy. to infinity and beyond.
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Apr 04, 2013, 10:53 PM
(#3)
sir what next??

Old
Fri Apr 05, 2013, 12:18 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hello SHARK.BADONG,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Apr 05, 2013, 08:05 AM
(#5)
sir i just finish my task... i pass the quiz and this my video

i think they call all because its play money ^^

Last edited by SHARK.BADONG; Fri Apr 05, 2013 at 08:06 AM.. Reason: ^^

Old
Fri Apr 05, 2013, 08:12 AM
(#6)
sir i finish my task . whats next?

Last edited by SHARK.BADONG; Fri Apr 05, 2013 at 08:14 AM..

Old
Fri Apr 05, 2013, 04:36 PM
(#7)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi SHARK.BADONG!

With A8 from the SB, I could very easily fold this due to my positional disadvantage and will the overwhelming majority of the time (probably about 90% of the time). The spot at the table that I want to be playing the very least amount of hands from is the SB due to the disadvantages that I have post-flop. If I did raise with it, I would make a standard raise to 3BB+1BB for each limper. With 5 limpers, I will raise to 8BB or 16 chips. I do not want to raise less than this, as it can give the opps the correct odds to try to outdraw me.

I flop middle pair on a board with both straight and flush draws. If I did raise preflop, then I would normally make a standard c-bet post flop and with this many opps, I'd need to bet the size of the pot. However, this would be the majority of my chips and since it would be over 1/3 of my stack, I'd be pot-committed and need to shove, which is something that I do not want to do without knowing that I have the best hand (and here I could easily be beat). Due to this, I will check and my plan will be to call a small bet from an opp and to fold to any sizable bet from an opp.

On the turn or river, if I am still in the hand, then I will check/fold if my hand does not improve.

The keys here are to make standard bets both preflop (based on the size of the BB, or the raiser's bet if the pot is raised before me) and to make my bets based on the size of the pot post-flop. I also only want to be putting my chips into the pot when I know that I'm ahead, not when I'm very easily behind or have no information about the opp's possible hands.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Apr 05, 2013, 04:40 PM
(#8)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Brilliant SHARK.BADONG!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Apr 06, 2013, 03:03 AM
(#9)
sir what do you think with this

another one ^^

Last edited by SHARK.BADONG; Sat Apr 06, 2013 at 03:24 AM..

Old
Sat Apr 06, 2013, 03:13 AM
(#10)
According to the video the reasons to make a big bet are:

1 To try and bluff people off good hands

2 To gain value on really good hands

3 To get protection against strong draws

Thanks again,

shark.badong

Old
Sat Apr 06, 2013, 12:08 PM
(#11)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi there Shark! I'll take a look at these two hands.

1. You have A3s and it's folded to you in the small blind. Since there is only one player left and you usually have the best hand, entering the pot with a standard raise of 3bb (6c) is correct. The flop comes 654, which is OK, because you have an overcard and a straight draw, but be aware that you are drawing to the "idiot end" of the straight. If a 2 comes, that's usually OK, but you'd still lose to 87.
Since villain is likely to have missed the flop (with unpaired hole cards, he'll only make a pair 30% of the time) and you were the pre-flop raiser, a continuation bet makes sense. Here you bet 15c into 12c. Why did you overbet the pot? At this point, you only have ace high. If villain missed the flop, then he will usually fold to a bet of 7c. Don't make big bluffs when small ones will have the same effect. Otherwise you are often just building a big pot with the worst hand.
Villain calls, so I'd be worried he either has a pair or better, or a good draw with a 7. The turn is the Ks. This is quite a good card for you. You still only have ace high, but now you have the nut flush draw to go with the OESD. I'd sometimes bet here and sometimes check. Since villain called a big bet on the flop, he's probably not folding just yet, and this king may have improved his hand. Villain checks behind, so it seems unlikely he has a made hand. You get to see the river for free.
The 8s is great card for you, because it means if villain called the flop with 7x (an open-ended straight draw) he just made a straight, but you just made the nut flush. I definitely recommend betting here, because I think this villain will call with a straight, but I think you bet way too much. The pot was 40c and you shoved all in with $1.21. When you make a big overbet like this, you're basically saying "I have the nuts". If I was villain, sitting there with a straight, I'd actually fold here, because I know I'm beat. That would mean you don't get value from your hand. You're lucky that this villain couldn't get away from his hand. In future, I'd go for a smaller bet of just under pot-sized, as this is much more likely to be called.

2. You call a raise in the BB with 33 and see an AJ3 flop. This is a huge flop for you, because you made a set on an ace-high board, which means you're more likely to get paid. Since you're out of position, the standard play is to check to the raiser. The reason you should do this is because the pre-flop raiser is very likely to have hit this flop. Even if he didn't, he'll often make a c-bet. The problem with leading out (donking) like you did, is that it can look strong, meaning the pre-flop aggressor will fold. You don't want him to fold before he's put some more money in the pot. So I'd recommend checking, and then raising pretty big (about the size of the pot) when villain bets.
As played, the original raiser folds and the small blind calls. His range mainly consists of aces and straight draws. The queen on the turn is a little worrying, as KT just made a straight. Villain is more likely to have Ax or KQ though, so you can bet for value, looking to be called by two pairs, or one pair + draw. I'd like a bigger bet here. The pot is 40c, so make it about 30c. You want to get value for your big hand, and also charge draws, like you said in the post above.
The river is a 9, and this shouldn't change much, because the only straight it completes are KT that already had a straight on the turn, and T8, which would never have called on the flop. Weirdly, villain donks into you quite small. It would seem this card improved his hand, so maybe he has A9 or J9. I definitely like a raise for value here and I like your sizing here. Anything bigger wouldn't get called.

You won a couple of nice pots here, but your play can definitely be improved. Always try and think about how you can get value for your hands, so choose sizes (usually less than, but close to pot) that will get looked up by worse hands and draws. And when you're (semi-)bluffing, use similar sized bets. If half pot is likely to make villain fold, then use that size. Basically, you want to keep villain guessing about the strength of your hand. You want your bluffs and your value bets to look roughly the same, because otherwise villains will get notes on you that say things like "overbets the flop when he's bluffing" and "overbet shoves the river with the nuts", and then they will be able to play perfectly against you.

Hope this helps! Best of luck with the next stage of the promotion!
Cheers,
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Last edited by ArtySmokesPS; Sat Apr 06, 2013 at 12:11 PM..

Old
Sat Apr 06, 2013, 01:41 PM
(#12)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi SHARK.BADONG!

Please let me know when you have passed the cash game quiz.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com