Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Odds help!!

Old
Odds help!! - Sat Nov 23, 2002, 08:22 AM
(#1)
Deleted user
I have learned a little about odds on my own from reading posts here and at other places, but I just can't figure this one out. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Lets just say you have a four flush on the flop and nothing else, how do you figure the odds to see if one of the next 2 cards will be your suit??????

thanks, torax

Old
Sat Nov 23, 2002, 08:44 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
With 4 of a suit and 5 known cards there are 9 outs of 47 cards for the turn. The river will have 9 outs of 46 cards. You figure the probability of an event NOT occuring so:

(47-9)/47 = 38/47 = .8085 is the probability you won't see your suit on the turn, and:

(46-9)/46 = 37/46 = .8043 for the river.

he combined probability of each of these is:
.8085 * .8043 = .6503

meaning that 65% of the time yor flush DOES NOT make by the river. Conversely 35% of the time it does make. To figure the odds you use 65%/35% = 1.86:1 against

Old
Let's Simplify. - Tue Nov 26, 2002, 11:38 AM
(#3)
Deleted user
9 outs with 2 cards to come: multiply by 4!!

4 * 9 = 36% (chance to hit!!)

with 1 card to come, multiply by 2!

2 * 9 = 18% (18% chance)

Not exact - but easy to use at the table!!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com