Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

5nl 6max, bottom set on wet board

Old
5nl 6max, bottom set on wet board - Fri Apr 05, 2013, 09:21 AM
(#1)
Since: May 2012

villain is an unknown
i think the flop and turn line are pretty standard, so nothing to talk about.
the question is, do i call his shove?

Old
Fri Apr 05, 2013, 01:13 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Espada,

I do. I think the turn card is the key here, as it puts a number of worse hands into his check-shoving range. So yes he could have a straight (slowplayed flop), or to a lessor extend a set of 8's or 9's (not nearly as likely to slowplay a wet flop as JT would be, but it's still possible), but he can also take this line with aces up, and nut flush draws that have now turned top pair, and sometimes even an AK hand that peeled the flop and thinks it's good now.

Given the money in the middle already, the frequency with which I expect to be ahead here, and having 10 outs to draw out on the primary concern holding (JT), I would call.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com