Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

[JK] More More More

Old
[JK] More More More - Sat Apr 06, 2013, 07:00 PM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2013
BronzeStar
I would like to take part in the Bankroll Builder promo

Old
Sat Apr 06, 2013, 07:33 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Apr 06, 2013, 11:47 PM
(#3)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hello InSiDiOuS86,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
hmmmmmm - Sun Apr 07, 2013, 10:44 PM
(#4)
BronzeStar
thought I had this 1 lol, should've folded when the other player called me all in
PokerStars Hand #96836429018: Omaha No Limit (5/10) - 2013/04/08 14:35:52 NZT [2013/04/07 22:35:52 ET]

Old
Sun Apr 07, 2013, 10:54 PM
(#5)
BronzeStar

Old
Sun Apr 07, 2013, 11:30 PM
(#6)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi InSiDiOuS86!

Please follow the directions specifically. This promotion is only for FULL RING no-limit hold'em tables. Playing any table other than a 1/2 cent FULL RING cash game table after receiving a bonus will make you ineligible for all future bonuses in this promotion.

Please play the FULL RING NLHE play money tables and post a hand where you had problems.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
sorry i believe i could of collected more chips - Mon Apr 08, 2013, 12:39 AM
(#7)
BronzeStar

Old
Mon Apr 08, 2013, 11:45 AM
(#8)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi InSiDiOuS86!

With AQs, I get four limps. I'm going to make a standard raise which is to 3BB+1BB for each limper. Due to 4 limpers, I'll raise to 7BB or 70 chips.

I flop a flush draw with 2 overs and I'm also out of position. Since I raised preflop, I'm going to make a c-bet based on the number of opps that are left and with 4 opps, I'll make a pot-sized bet (I would bet less if there were less opps in the hand, the reason I want to raise preflop).

I turn the nut flush and once again, I want to make a standard bet and with 4 opps, I'll make a pot-sized bet. I want to keep all of my bets standard, as it will help to conceal the strength of my hand.

The river is a scare card, as it could give an opp a full house and any opp that has called a preflop raise and two pot-sized bets could easily have it. Once again, I'm going to make a standard value bet on the river and bet based on the number of opps and with 3 opps left, I will bet 3/4 the size of the pot.

The keys here are to make standard bets, based on the size of the blinds in an unraised pot preflop, and to base my bets on the size of the pot post-flop.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

P.S. Please let me know when you have finished the other two steps.

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
poker basic course - Fri Apr 19, 2013, 03:23 PM
(#9)
BronzeStar
I have watched the 2 videos and also finally passed the basic course with 73%

Old
Fri Apr 19, 2013, 06:06 PM
(#10)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by InSiDiOuS86 View Post
I have watched the 2 videos and also finally passed the basic course with 73%
Brilliant!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
im always a sucker for 2 pair - Fri Apr 19, 2013, 07:49 PM
(#11)
BronzeStar

Old
3 reasons why a player would make a big bet - Fri Apr 19, 2013, 07:58 PM
(#12)
BronzeStar
to put pressure on other players

to protect against strong draws

to gain value from very strong hands

Old
Sat Apr 20, 2013, 06:11 AM
(#13)
(Community Coordinator)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Also let me know as soon as you pass the Cash Game course.

Cheers,

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Apr 20, 2013, 11:19 AM
(#14)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi InSiDiOuS86! Let's take a look at this hand.

First of all, it looks like you posted your big blind out of turn. Don't do this. Since you'll be dealt an unplayable hand more than 80% of the time, you'll be throwing away 2c four times out of five. This money will add up over time and drain your bankroll. When you first join a table, click the "Wait until big blind before posting" option.

You have K3s UTG. I'm folding this hand in this seat 100% of the time. It's not a playable hand in any position, really, but particularly not in early seats. You check your option and a villain in MP raises. You should be mucking immediately. You're out of position with a junk hand, so calling is a big mistake. You simply won't hit a good flop very often.
The flop comes AA3 with a flush draw in a suit you don't have. You completely missed this flop, so should fold if villain c-bets. His pre-flop raising range contains many aces, so he probably hit this flop.
As played, he checks behind, but this could be a slowplay.
The turn comes a T, so you still just have king high with no kicker. For some reason you bet 2c into 19c. This bet makes no sense. Clearly you are bluffing, but a villain isn't going to fold his hand for such a small bet when the pot is so much bigger. He's certainly not folding a strong hand for such a low price. Villain just calls the 2c, so you see the river.
You've finished the hand with exactly what you started with: king high. It's almost impossible for you to have the best hand here, because of villain's pre-flop raise and the way the board ran out. If villain has any pocket pair, ace, queen or ten, he has you beat. If he raised pre with KJs, then he rivered a straight.
In some ways, bluffing the river makes sense, because it's possible to represent a flush here. The problem, however, is your bet size. If you really had a flush, you'd make a stronger bet to get value for your big hand. What you actually did is bet 6c into 23c, and villain raised. This raise is never a bluff. Either villain actually has the flush (or a straight), or he thinks you have a worse hand than he does. Maybe he puts you on a pair of queens. You don't even have a pair of queens. You have king high. Why are are you calling the raise? Villain isn't going to show jack high!
Villain shows top trips. He had you beat from start to finish, but slowplayed, which is a mistake by him because he could have allowed you to make a flush very cheaply.
You lost a small pot here, but you could have minimised your losses further. With K3s you simply shouldn't get involved in the hand in the first place. Folding pre-flop would have prevented you making further mistakes in the hand.

Hope this helps!
Cheers,
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Apr 20, 2013, 01:19 PM
(#15)
(Community Coordinator)
Hello,

Please let me know as soon as you pass the Cash Game quiz and I'll get your next bonus to you

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com