Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

bankroll builder

Old
bankroll builder - Sat Apr 06, 2013, 07:20 PM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2013
hi
i want to participate in this plan

Old
Sat Apr 06, 2013, 07:34 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Apr 08, 2013, 06:28 AM
(#3)
Since: Apr 2011
Hello,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

flophitter

Old
Tue Apr 09, 2013, 04:22 AM
(#4)
i watched the videos and passed the quiz. and this is a hand that i played.

Old
Wed Apr 10, 2013, 02:27 PM
(#5)
Thanks for that and sorry for the delay, we'll have the hand analysis done shortly, then I'll give you your next steps

Old
Wed Apr 10, 2013, 07:25 PM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi sadafzi!

This promotion is only for FULL RING cash tables, not for 6-max tables. Once you get your first bonus, if you play any tables other than 1/2 cent FULL RING tables, you will make yourself INELIGIBLE for any future bonuses thru this promotion.

With J3s from the button, I have a limp, then an abnormally large raise in front of me. J3 is NOT a good hand and due to this, I need to muck it immediately preflop. When someone before me raises, I only want to be playing premium hands. J3s is a worse than average hand without a lot of potential. Just because I have an ace or suited cards does not mean that I should be playing them.

The key here is to muck my bad hands preflop and J3s is much worse than even an average hand.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Apr 11, 2013, 08:54 AM
(#7)
Brilliant!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

And just another reminder that this promotion is only for FULL RING cash tables, not for 6-max tables. Once you get your first bonus, if you play any tables other than 1/2 cent FULL RING tables, you will make yourself INELIGIBLE for any future bonuses thru this promotion.

Best of Luck!

flophitter

Old
Thu Apr 11, 2013, 06:25 PM
(#8)
i passed the cash game test and this a hand i played. how i played?

the reasons for making big bets are;
-to put a lot of pressure on opponents
-to bluff people off decent hand
-to gain value from very strong hands
-to protect against strong draws

Old
Fri Apr 12, 2013, 09:11 AM
(#9)
Great thanks for posting the hand, we'll provide the analysis here soon, followed by your next steps

Old
Fri Apr 12, 2013, 11:31 AM
(#10)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi sadafzi!

You got quite lucky in this hand and dragged the pot, but there are several things you can learn from it.
QJ offsuit is a marginal hand. I'd only play this in late position in an unopened pot, because I'd be trying to steal the blinds by making a raise. Here you're in early position, with several players still to act. You should be folding this hand, in this position, 100% of the time. There just isn't a positive expectation from playing QJ in this seat, and you'll often find yourself with very difficult decisions, because villains will have position on you.
With any pot I decide to enter, I'll do it with a standard raise of 3bb. Here, you limped (called the big blind). This is a weak play, because it means you can't win the pot immediately. You'll have to see a flop and outplay your opponents there. Limping can encourage several players to enter the pot, meaning you'll need an even stronger hand to win on the flop, and makes you vulnerable to a pre-flop raise that could price you out of seeing one.
3 more players limp, and then the BB makes a minraise. This is a bad play, because the limpers aren't going to fold for another 2c. Everyone calls.
You get a good flop with bottom two pairs. This is a strong holding, but it's vulnerable, so should be played "fast". Usually when you have two pairs, you have to watch out for straight draws. That's especially true on this board, because with the ace there too, KT already has the nuts.
The SB makes a very weak minbet, the big blind calls, and you make a nice big raise for value and protection. You get 2 calls, so the pot is getting big now.
The turn makes a flush possible. I'd often bet again here because I don't want a villain with one club to have a free card, but I'd usually check in a multiway pot, because it's quite likely that one of these villains called on the flop with a flush draw. If you bet and get raised, you'd probably have to fold, as your own flush draw is not very strong, and you'd have to make a full house to win for sure. The 8c on the river puts 4 cards to a flush on board. The SB makes a small bet and I think you can call here, as you have the second nuts (only the Kc beats you).

You got a good result here, but playing QJ out of position can put you in very tricky spots, so next time you find yourself in this situation, I'd defintely recommend you fold pre-flop.

Cheers,
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Apr 12, 2013, 02:42 PM
(#11)
Hello,

Fantastic!

Your second Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your 2nd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

flophitter

Old
Tue Apr 16, 2013, 05:17 AM
(#12)
i lost most of my money in this hand. should i reraised on the flop?

i won some pots but i lost again on this hand? could i won this by raising preflop?

Last edited by sadafzi; Tue Apr 16, 2013 at 08:42 AM..

Old
Wed Apr 17, 2013, 02:32 PM
(#13)
I've asked for hand analysis and it'll be posted here soon

Old
Wed Apr 17, 2013, 03:29 PM
(#14)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadafzi View Post
i lost most of my money in this hand. should i reraised on the flop?

i won some pots but i lost again on this hand? could i won this by raising preflop?
Hi sadafzi!

First hand AQs: This is a tough spot and very dependent on your read on the villain as well as your post flop skills. Arguments can be made for 3-betting, calling and folding depending on the situation. EP raises are normally very strong hands (should be at least). I think calling as you did is fine and perhaps the safest route.

You get a good flop with the flush draw and two overcards. Calling as you did is fine. You have good enough odds to continue with the hand. Again this keeps the pot from growing. Raising with your draw can also be a good aggressive line. However, if you get 3-bet then you need to fold.

The turn is not a good card for you. You didn't get a flush and the board has paired making a full house possible. You need to play a bit more carefully. The villain fires out another half pot bet on the turn. He seems to like his hand and is representing a very strong holding such as an overpair or a set/house. This is starting to get expensive. I like to play very carefully and often fold rather than risking a large amount of my stack here. With the board being paired, I would not want to risk getting all in on the river if I make a flush because it very well may be the second best hand.

As played, I recommend folding to the river bet. Large bets like this may be bluffs, but more often then not are very strong hands hoping to get max value. You paired your Q, but this is just not strong enough to call an all in. It took me a long time to learn not to overvalue top pair hands like this.

The main point with this hand is the turn. When you are no longer drawing to the nuts, I suggest folding to large bets.

Second hand A8s: You played this hand perfectly! Well done! This may sound strange since you ended up losing the hand, but you played it exactly as I would have.

A8s is not strong enough to raise in this spot preflop. Play it as a speculative hand and hope to flop a flush draw normally. Here you flop an open ended straight draw. Betting aggressively is great. People may fold winning you the pot. Or they may call which builds the pot in case you make your straight.

You make your straight on the turn. The only hand beating you is exactly J8. There is no way to get away from the hand now, especially when the A comes on the river. A6, A7, A9 and A10 all fit in the villain's range. Getting all in is exactly what you want to do. Your line here will be profitable most of the time.

Notice, if we imagine the board ran 78910 and you were holding A6, you would still have a straight. However, you would now be at the bottom end. Now it is very likely that someone raising/reraising you has a J making a better straight. If this were the case you should definately fold to a large river bet.

I hope this helps!

GL and have fun at the tables

Roland GTX

Old
Thu Apr 18, 2013, 10:10 AM
(#15)
Thanks for your help. i have earned 10 vpps. whats next??

Old
Thu Apr 18, 2013, 12:15 PM
(#16)
That's great, your 3rd bonus is on its way. Now, try to earn a further 10 VPPs at the same type of tables as before. And, as before, you will earn your final $2 bonus when you do. But if you lose your bankroll, please post the losing hand(s) here for analysis. And if you make a deposit before earning the final bonus, it will be awarded to you automatically.

Good luck and let us know how you get on and we're happy to help if you have any questions.

Old
Fri Apr 19, 2013, 07:07 PM
(#17)
Congratulations!

As you've earned enough VPP's we have awarded you with all your Bankroll Builder buy-ins and you have successfully completed the promotion, good job!

You are always welcome to post any troublesome hands in the >>Hand Analysis<< section.

Also it is a good idea to review some of the content on >>Bankroll Management<< at this point.

Keep in touch with us and let us know how your poker journey continues.

flophitter

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com