Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

3d 6d suited on BB

Old
3d 6d suited on BB - Sun Apr 07, 2013, 09:45 AM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2013
Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Does anyone think i could of played this differently and made more money i cant seem to make alot of money out of these big hands

Old
Sun Apr 07, 2013, 10:21 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
Have to say you probably made the max with the check on the river, Villain probably had 1 pair and with you showing strength the whole hand its not surprising he folded to a check raise.

2 things you could have done
1. Bet 1/2 pot instead of checked
2. Raised minimum on river

not sure either would get you paid more mind I think you played it well.

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Apr 07, 2013, 10:28 AM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2013
ok thanks for the help i was just abit unsure every time i get a monster hand everyone has nothing, so i geuss my bets on the flop and turn were correct then aswell ive seen ppl bet bigger than the pot but i dnt think that would be the right thing to do

Old
Sun Apr 07, 2013, 10:37 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
All depends on the villain you are playing, will they call a big bet or not. You need to keep your bets consistant, if you bet over pot every time you have a monster observant Villains will be able to pick up on it and lay down good hands they may have played with.

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Apr 07, 2013, 06:39 PM
(#5)
Since: Oct 2011
It's sometimes quite hard to win a monster pot with a boat, because it's hard for villain to have much, unless there are also flushes and straights possible. There are no flushes or straights possible on this super-dry board, so I'd be happy about getting 2 streets of value here, let alone three!
I really like your lead out on the flop. It would be kind of fancy to check-raise the turn, as villain isn't calling unless he has specifically KJ, so I like your pot-sized bet there. If villain is quite weak (just a jack or king) he's probably calling on the turn.
Checking the river can induce a bet from villain, but often he'll check behind with Jx, so you don't get value. So I'd just keep on betting. Check-raising the river is too fancy and often loses value. I'd fire the third barrel for about 3/4 pot and hope to get called by Jx/Kx.

The strategy for beating 2NL is pretty straightforward. When you have a big hand, just bet for value. The biggest mistakes villains make at this level are calling too much with weak hands, and not betting/raising enough with strong ones. So if villain is calling down, keep betting and let him make his favourite mistake.

Cheers,
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com