Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Sun Apr 07, 2013, 04:02 PM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2013
Hello,

I just found out this fantastic PSO website and would like to participate in the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Thanks!

Old
Sun Apr 07, 2013, 05:31 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TangentZ View Post
Hello,

I just found out this fantastic PSO website and would like to participate in the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Thanks!

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Apr 08, 2013, 06:28 AM
(#3)
Since: Apr 2011
Hello,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

flophitter

Old
Mon Apr 08, 2013, 08:35 PM
(#4)
I just sat down at this table and played a couple hands, then this one came up.

I raised 4x BB to try to thin out the field, but everyone called...

The flop showed all small cards and it gave me an open-ended straight draw. I felt that it was a very good flop. So I bet the pot. Still a few callers.

The turn showed another small card but 2 clubs.

At this point, there are too many possibilities. Some may be on a flush draw. Some Ax hitting the small card. Or even over pair? I don't know.

But I still had the OESD, so I thought I still had a chance to win this pot.

With that in mind, I was not going to fold, so I went all-in.

Could I have done anything to avoid losing my stack? Thanks!

Old
Tue Apr 09, 2013, 09:07 PM
(#5)
I have passed the Poker Basics quiz.

Old
Wed Apr 10, 2013, 02:47 PM
(#6)
Thanks for that, we'll have the hand analysis done shortly, then I'll give you your next steps

Old
Wed Apr 10, 2013, 07:18 PM
(#7)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi TangentZ!

With 99 from UTG, I'm going to make a standard raise to 3BB+1BB for each limper (the poster counts as a limp). Due to this, I have 1 limper, so I will bet 4BB or 8 chips.

I flop an overpair with an OESD and get an opp making an abnormally small bet of 2. Bets post-flop should be based on the size of the pot, so this is really, really small. With my hand and the large number of opps left, I'm going to make a pot-sized raise to 77 chips here.

The turn is a blank and the same opp makes another odd min bet. However, this time I don't have enough chips to price out anyone that is drawing. Due to this, I'm just going to call and hope to see a cheap river card and then re-evaluate on the river.
The reason for this is that if I can't bet enough to price out the opp and make it a bad play for them to draw, then if I bet less, I'm giving THEM chips on average by betting... something I'd rather not do. Also, I don't want to be all-in when I could easily not have the best hand, which could be the case here, as someone could either have already hit a straight, set or two pair.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Apr 11, 2013, 08:50 AM
(#8)
Brilliant!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

flophitter

Old
Sat Apr 13, 2013, 03:33 AM
(#9)
Thanks! I think I understand the need to slow down when my stack is too small to price out the villain(s).

Old
Sat Apr 13, 2013, 03:42 AM
(#10)
Here is another hand that I lost my stack to.

I've been playing at this table for several orbits. The players are generally loose and passive.

Villain limped and there was a 3xBB raiser and a caller.

I had AA and reraised 4x that. Everyone called. Should I have made the bet bigger?

Flop seemed "safe". Villain made an extra big bet.

I didn't believe he had the straight, maybe a flush draw. So I called. Was this a mistake?

Thanks!

Old
Sat Apr 13, 2013, 06:00 PM
(#11)
The system won't let me take the Cash Game Quiz. It says I have passed a quiz recently. I passed the Poker Basics a week ago and didn't take any other test. Please help!

Old
Sat Apr 13, 2013, 07:05 PM
(#12)
I know I probably shouldn't have called the bet on the flop, but the turn gave me two pairs and flush draw.

Villain made a bet and I pushed all in. Was this a bad move?

I thought the villain had a pair of Aces and I truly believed I was the favorite to win. Even if I was behind, I had very many outs.

I've lost so many hands when I was the clear favorite.

Last edited by TangentZ; Sat Apr 13, 2013 at 07:09 PM..

Old
Sun Apr 14, 2013, 04:37 AM
(#13)
Great thanks for posting the hands, we'll provide the analysis here soon. And we will check the Cash Quiz issue too

Old
Sun Apr 14, 2013, 05:52 AM
(#14)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
The system won't let me take the Cash Game Quiz. It says I have passed a quiz recently. I passed the Poker Basics a week ago and didn't take any other test. Please help!
Hello,

Please email support@pokerschoolonline.com and let them know that you are experiencing this problem with the quiz, hopefully it get's fixed as soon as possible.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Apr 14, 2013, 01:28 PM
(#15)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
Here is another hand that I lost my stack to.

I've been playing at this table for several orbits. The players are generally loose and passive.

Villain limped and there was a 3xBB raiser and a caller.

I had AA and reraised 4x that. Everyone called. Should I have made the bet bigger?

Flop seemed "safe". Villain made an extra big bet.

I didn't believe he had the straight, maybe a flush draw. So I called. Was this a mistake?

Thanks!

Hi TangentZ

Try not to sweat this one, you played the hand well and were a bit unlucky. Preflop you played nicely by 3-betting. Your bet size was great. Getting called by two is not a great result though. You have an overpair to the board and the villain shoves. If he had a straight, it is unlikely that he would have bet so much. Moreover, you do not have much behind compared to the pot. Calling is correct in this spot. You were ahead, but the villain drew out on you. It happens unfortunatley.

Note, if you had a deeper stack say equal to the villains, then we need to consider folding to the shove. You are likely to be ahead still, but it is a very large risk with "just a pair". I would prefer to have a read on the villain before making an all in call. Against an unknown, I normally recommend playing it safe and folding. In this particular hand, as I said, you were priced in since you didn't have that deep of a stack.

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Sun Apr 14, 2013, 01:37 PM
(#16)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
I know I probably shouldn't have called the bet on the flop, but the turn gave me two pairs and flush draw.

Villain made a bet and I pushed all in. Was this a bad move?

I thought the villain had a pair of Aces and I truly believed I was the favorite to win. Even if I was behind, I had very many outs.

I've lost so many hands when I was the clear favorite.

Hi again TangentZ!

I recommend folding K9s from early positon. Too many hands that will call you will be Kings with better kickers. These situations can cost you a lot of money when you flop top pair, but second best kicker.

Secondly, regardless of your cards, any time you are the first to enter a pot do so by raising. 3bbs is the standard. As played, you flop second pair and a flush draw. You have a strong hand at the moment and no idea what the villain is holding since he got to see the flop for free. I suggest playing your draw aggressively and raising his flop bet to about 10 cents.

Raising all in on the turn was great, you got a bit unlucky again. Notice, though that your passive play preflop and on the flop allowed the villain the chance to stay in the hand cheaply and to outdraw you. This is exactly why we want to open with a raise preflop. It will help you put your opponent on a range of possible hands. Furthermore, the villain may have folded to your aggressive betting both preflop and on the flop.

Remember, if you are the first to enter the pot, do so with a raise

I hope this helps!

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Sun Apr 14, 2013, 04:19 PM
(#17)
We checked on our side and, according to the system, you have not yet passed the Cash Game Quiz. So if you still have trouble please drop a line to support@pokerschoolonline.com and they will make sure that you can take the quiz. Just let know when you have passed it and I'll give your next bonus and further steps.

Old
Sun Apr 14, 2013, 11:08 PM
(#18)
It worked today when I tried the Cash Game quiz and I passed.

Old
Sun Apr 14, 2013, 11:15 PM
(#19)
Reasons for Big Bet:

* To put a lot of pressure on opponents

* To bluff people off decent hands

* To protect against strong draws

Old
Mon Apr 15, 2013, 06:43 AM
(#20)
Fantastic!

Your second Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your 2nd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

flophitter

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com