Got all the money in the pot.

I stand pat (of course).

Villain drew 2 cards.

Villain made full house.

Old
Sun Apr 07, 2013, 07:35 PM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2011
I've never played that game. What an amazing hand!

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Apr 07, 2013, 07:51 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
They always get the miracle cards

I am sure you know this, but actually they don't, it just seem that was to us. People remember the lower probability events happening quite longer than the more normal outcomes. It's the way our brains are wired.

Next, good players will face more bad beats as they are getting in ahead more often. Getting bad beats are a good sign for your poker game.

So don't: but: instead.

Old
Mon Apr 08, 2013, 12:34 AM
(#4)
Since: Apr 2013
Yeah, the Villain obviously had the trip, and drawing for a pair to make the full house.

The probability is 16 to 1 (or 5.88% chance). Of course, he might have also hit the quad, which increases the probability very slightly to maybe 6% (woohoo!).

Of course, it's not as bad as hitting the one single miracle card (52 to 1), but still pretty bad. :p

Old
Mon Apr 08, 2013, 04:21 AM
(#5)
One more gooder.

Starting with 555.

Again, going all-in.

Villain drew THREE (3) cards this time.

Villain made AAAJJ somehow?? So... WTF did he start with this time???

Oh and there was someone else with 222.

Old
Fri Apr 12, 2013, 11:54 PM
(#6)
Is trip 5s really that good a hand to get it all in with before the draw in this game ? I don't play much 5 card draw but trip 5s is a pretty vulnerable hand even if does draw 3 and you don't improve ; not that villain played hid hand well .

Old
Sun Apr 14, 2013, 08:03 PM
(#7)
Vulnerable? Of course, every hand except Royal Flush is vulnerable.

Trips are VERY strong to start with.

The fact that he drew 3 cards, must mean he had just a pair.

That's right, he drew THREE (3) miracle cards!!

Old
Sun Apr 14, 2013, 08:09 PM
(#8)
I knew this guy was bluffing, and wanted to "price him out". Oh well, I guess pot odds don't really matter to crazy idiots.

Old
Sun Apr 14, 2013, 10:52 PM
(#9)
This one is absolutely UNREAL. It's like he KNEW the gut shot was coming from the VERY BEGINNING.

Old
Mon Apr 15, 2013, 09:04 AM
(#10)
Since: Dec 2010
THERE IS ALWAYS AND THE OTHER SIDE... http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...n-a-single-MTT

Old
Mon Apr 15, 2013, 02:17 PM
(#11)
Since: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by TangentZ View Post
This one is absolutely UNREAL. It's like he KNEW the gut shot was coming from the VERY BEGINNING.
They don't know the gutshot is coming. They don't know much about probability is all that can be said.
Players like that are easy to beat in the long run. Let them chase their weak draws. They will NOT make money in the long run.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Apr 16, 2013, 11:48 PM
(#12)
yes he drew 3 , not good , but I think any half decent draw player knows commiting your entire stack before the draw with trip 5s is bad play even if he does draw 3 : what if had drawn 2 or just 1 ? then your trips look pretty poor . Most online poker players no matter what site are pretty pish at the game ; you played your hand in such a way that you could not get away from it if he had drawn 1 or 2 then bets into you or reraises after the draw .

As for the long run ............. ah yes the mythical long run .

Old
Wed Apr 17, 2013, 04:49 AM
(#13)
Since: Dec 2010
I agree that three 5 is not the best hand,but it is still a strong enough made hand...as for the long run...it seems very long to my eyes...lol

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com