Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Mon Apr 08, 2013, 02:43 PM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2013
Hello everybody! I would like to take part in this promotion.

Old
Mon Apr 08, 2013, 04:22 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by QALX View Post
Hello everybody! I would like to take part in this promotion.
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Apr 09, 2013, 05:32 AM
(#3)
(Community Coordinator)
Hello,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Apr 09, 2013, 01:48 PM
(#4)
Thanks! Here's the hand as requested. I have a question, if you get AK and you miss the flop what is the best play?

UPDATE: RING GAME HAND

Poker basic course quiz passed

Last edited by QALX; Wed Apr 10, 2013 at 02:24 AM..

Old
Tue Apr 09, 2013, 06:15 PM
(#5)
(Community Coordinator)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Apr 10, 2013, 01:20 AM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi QALX!

The first thing with this is that this is not a FULL RING table, it's a 6-max table. This promotion is ONLY for full ring. Once you recieve a bonus in this promotion, playing anything other than FULL RING 1/2 cent tables will make you INELIGIBLE for any future bonuses in this promotion.

With A6o on the button, there is a raise and a call of the raise in front of me. Due to this, I'm going to muck A6o here and look for a better spot. If it had folded to me or even if the opps had limped, then I'd make a standard opening raise to 3BB+1BB for each limper. However, with a raise in front of me, I need a much better hand in order to call the raise. Just because I have an ace or suited cards does not mean that they are always playable.

If I did see the flop (which I would not), I would get top pair with a bad kicker and have an opp make a min bet?! Bets after the flop should be based on the size of the pot, not the size of the BB. Due to their abnormally small bet and having 2 opps, I'll make a 2/3 pot raise here to 15 chips. If I'm called, then I won't put another chip into the pot unless my hand improves and if I'm raised, I'm mucking.

The turn and river do not help me, so I'm going to check and fold to any bet by the opps.

The key here is to muck marginal hands to raises preflop, as it will save me a large amount of chips over time.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Apr 10, 2013, 02:18 AM
(#7)
Thank you for the advice. I'll make the next hands at a full ring table.

Old
Wed Apr 10, 2013, 05:01 AM
(#8)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Poker basic course quiz passed
Brilliant!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Apr 10, 2013, 09:54 AM
(#9)
The reasons are:
+Put pressure on an opponent
+Bluff them off their hand
+Bet for value

Old
Wed Apr 10, 2013, 09:57 AM
(#10)
As for the hand, id say this one is interesting, i baited him into thinking he has the best hand and called.

Last edited by QALX; Mon Apr 15, 2013 at 07:14 PM..

Old
Sun Apr 14, 2013, 07:27 PM
(#11)
Hey. Could you take a look at what i posted and advise me on what do to next?

Old
Mon Apr 15, 2013, 06:47 AM
(#12)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hey. Could you take a look at what i posted and advise me on what do to next?
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Apr 15, 2013, 11:49 AM
(#13)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi QALX! I'll give you some advice on this 99 hand.

You have 99 UTG (under the gun, first to act). This hand is at the bottom of my range for playing in that seat on a full table, but here there are three empty seats, so you're only 3-off the button, which means you're effectively in middle position. 99 is strong enough to play here, but I'm not going to open-limp (just call the BB) because that doesn't allow me to win the pot straight away.
Since this hand is good enough to play, it's good enough to raise. You want to put all the villains to decision, and get value when you probably have the best hand. Open-limping (calling the blind) is a weak play, because it gives opponents a very cheap price to see if they can hit the flop. The big blind can even check his option and see a flop for free, and you don't want that, because the flop will often bring overcards to your pair. If villains have weak or speculative hands (like 44, 76s, A5s) then you want to charge them for trying to beat your hand. You should make a standard raise to 3bb (6c), which will mean:
* You often win the blinds (which adds 3c to your stack without you even showing your hand).
* It's more likely you'll get heads up (it's easier to beat one opponent than several).
* Enable you to make a solid fold if someone makes a re-raise, because they can only 3-bet with a super-strong hand like QQ+/AK.
* Follow up your pre-flop raise with a continuation bet on the flop, which is likely to take it down even if you missed.

When you limp in, it's much harder to put villains on a range, as they could call or even raise with junk and make a random straight or two pairs that you never suspected.
The limp encourages 3 players to see a flop, and you made a monster: a flopped full house on AA9. The blinds check and you decide to check too. You presumably thought it was a good idea to slowplay your monster hand. Trust me on this: Slowplaying is not a good idea at 2NL. Slowplaying misses value, leads to tricky decisions on later streets, and can allow a villain to suck out a better hand.
You should be betting this flop in particular because it contains an ace (two aces in fact!). Any villain with Ax is never folding on the flop. They may even raise, allowing you to re-raise and get all in as a huge favourite. Imagine if a villain has AT. He will definitely call a bet on the flop, but if you slowplay, he could hit a ten on the turn free of charge, leaving you drawing to 1 out (quads). So get some value NOW.
As played, the flop gets checked through and a 4 hits the turn. The small blind bets, and he usually has an ace. If he has A4, you're going to lose your stack, but I really think you should be raising here. Other than the times you hit a miracle 1-outer (quad nines) your hand cannot get any better. You want to win a big pot for your big hand, so please raise the turn for value.
The river is a 10 and finally you raise when villain bets. I hope you realise that if he has AT or TT, you have the worst hand. I'm probably stacking off here like you did, but by slowplaying on earlier streets, you allowed some hands to suck out. Villain is overvaluing his hand (trips with an 8 kicker is far from the nuts) but often he'll just call the raise, so you don't even get all in.

The main lessons to learn from this hand are:
* If your hand is good enough to play, it's good enough to raise.
* Don't slowplay monster hands. Bet and raise for value, to try and get your whole stack in the middle as soon as possible, before bad cards can come along.

Hope this helps!
Cheers,
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Apr 15, 2013, 02:30 PM
(#14)
cash game quiz passed

Old
Mon Apr 15, 2013, 02:54 PM
(#15)
Thanks for the tips. very helpfull

Old
Mon Apr 15, 2013, 05:03 PM
(#16)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
cash game quiz passed
Hello,

Fantastic!

Your second Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your 2nd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Apr 15, 2013, 07:14 PM
(#17)
I've lost the money to some infernal bad beats, it was just horrible, everytime outflopped, no good cards, no nothing, just terrible. Whats next?

Old
Mon Apr 15, 2013, 08:59 PM
(#18)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
I've lost the money to some infernal bad beats, it was just horrible, everytime outflopped, no good cards, no nothing, just terrible. Whats next?
You need to post the hands where you lost the money using the hand replayer as instructed in the post above.

Please note we CANNOT award any more bonuses until you post the hand where you lost the money.

Please post the losing hands, we will analyse them for you and then we can continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Apr 16, 2013, 05:13 AM
(#19)
This is the hand where i lost the money.

I know it was a weak play, but the way the opponents played the hand, and the fact that i was on tilt, after drawing dead 1.30$ dollars JUST from big blinds cuz i only had unplayable hands made me think... I got this one.

Old
Tue Apr 16, 2013, 09:10 AM
(#20)
(Community Coordinator)

Cheers.

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com