Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

$3.50 fifty50, on the bubble with 55

Old
$3.50 fifty50, on the bubble with 55 - Mon Apr 08, 2013, 03:51 PM
(#1)
Since: May 2012
Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

folded to me in MP and i have pkt 55 and 10BB.
is this a shove?
what hands should i shove with, having this stacksize?
should my decision be affected by the players's tedencies and stacksizes behind me?

Old
Mon Apr 08, 2013, 04:41 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Espada_Nu.4 View Post

folded to me in MP and i have pkt 55 and 10BB.
is this a shove?
It's borderline, but I would be inclined to fold.

what hands should i shove with, having this stacksize?
In early position like this, I'm only shoving 99+.

should my decision be affected by the players's tedencies and stacksizes behind me?
Yes, you should always be considering what kind of players are behind you and their stack size, this has a massive effect on your shove equity. A good player will realize that you are short and your range here is very wide. The larger stacks may call quite light in an attempt to end the tourney. Also, there is a player behind you that is very short, he also may shove light.
I've played these a lot, but I'm no expert. Hope that helps.

Bracelet Winner

Last edited by joy7108; Mon Apr 08, 2013 at 04:42 PM.. Reason: typo

Old
Mon Apr 08, 2013, 10:38 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
Hi Espada_Nu.4

I would agree with Joy here.

I think it's a fold on the bubble of a Fifty50.

In a normal SnG I would shove here 6 handed unless the big stacks were absolute maniacs and very likely to call.

The problem here on the bubble is taking a flip is really bad equity for you.

With 1200 chips your tournament equity if it ends now is $3.26 + 12 * 10c = $4.46

If you shove and lose the flip your equity is $0 if you win assuming against the bigger stack it's $3.26 + 25 * 10c = $5.76

So if we win we gain $1.30 if we lose we lose $4.46 If we manage to steal the blinds we win 30c.

So huge risk, small reward really.

I think you need to knit it up with a shorter stack still around.

Cheers
Andy

Quad Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com