Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Mon Apr 08, 2013, 04:41 PM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2013
I would like to take part in the bankroll builder promotion.

Old
Mon Apr 08, 2013, 04:47 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavin9 View Post
I would like to take part in the bankroll builder promotion.
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Apr 11, 2013, 10:56 AM
(#3)
Im waiting more than 24h still no answer

Old
Thu Apr 11, 2013, 11:01 AM
(#4)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Im waiting more than 24h still no answer
Hello,

Your application is still pending approval.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Apr 12, 2013, 04:49 AM
(#5)
(Community Coordinator)
Hello,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Apr 12, 2013, 06:17 AM
(#6)

bet on river for value ?

P.S. 3 steps completed

Old
Fri Apr 12, 2013, 07:42 AM
(#7)
(Community Coordinator)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Apr 12, 2013, 10:55 AM
(#8)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Wavin9!

First, this is a 6-max table, not FULL RING. This promotion is only for FULL RING and playing any type of format other than FULL RING after you receive your first bonus in this promotion will make you INELIGIBLE for any future bonuses.

With QQ on the button, there are 2 limps in front of me. I'm going to make a standard raise here, which is to 3BB+1BB for each limper. Due to having 2 limpers, I will raise to 5BB or 10 chips.

The flop is three undercards but there is a flush draw. When the two opps check to me, I'm going to make a 2/3 pot value bet here (23 chips). I need to bet this much so that if both opps call, they are both getting the wrong odds to try to draw to a flush that will beat me.

The turn puts straight draws out there, plus there could also now be a made straight. Since I'm up against only one opp now, I will use my standard value bet size for 1 opp (I size my bets post-flop based on the pot size, number of opps and board texture), which is 1/2 pot. Therefore, I will bet 43 chips.

The river is not a good card for me, as it puts 4 to a straight on the board. When the opp checks to me, since the opp only has enough chips to call a value bet (they have just over 1/2 pot) and is not able to try to make a large raise as a bluff (which I'd need to fold to), I'm going to make a value bet on the river and will size it at 1/2 pot (118). Some opps are more likely to fold if I bet enough to put them all-in, so I'll just make it my standard size of 118 and hope that they will call with less. If they fold, so be it.
Now, if the opp had a large stack in front of them and was known to bluff, especially by check/raising, then when the opp checks to me on the river, since I have showdown value, I'll gladly check and go to showdown, as I can't call a large raise with 4 to a straight on the board.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Apr 12, 2013, 04:45 PM
(#9)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
3 steps completed
Brilliant!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Apr 12, 2013, 10:36 PM
(#10)
1)

Turn fold or push ?

2)
* to gain value from very strong hands
* to protect against strong draws
* to bluff people off decent hands

3) Completed

Last edited by Wavin9; Fri Apr 12, 2013 at 10:41 PM..

Old
Sat Apr 13, 2013, 05:50 AM
(#11)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:

Turn fold or push ?
Hello,

Unfortunately the hand you have posted above is NOT a hand that you played in. Here is the hand history from the hand you posted and as you can see you did not play in this hand.

PokerStars Zoom Hand #97082060804: Hold'em No Limit ($0.01/$0.02) - 2013/04/13 3:12:47 WET [2013/04/12 22:12:47 ET]
Table 'McNaught' 9-max Seat #1 is the button
Seat 1: Nefronix ($2.02 in chips)
Seat 2: aleksiysh ($2.04 in chips)
Seat 3: ilovespinach ($2.60 in chips)
Seat 4: inokun202 ($5.91 in chips)
Seat 5: remy2688 ($2.42 in chips)
Seat 6: MOOJOOFIS ($6.27 in chips)
Seat 7: iwy11 ($6.61 in chips)
Seat 8: 30.03.1989 ($2.92 in chips)
Seat 9: CrazyRevro ($1.40 in chips)
aleksiysh: posts small blind $0.01
ilovespinach: posts big blind $0.02

Regards,

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Apr 30, 2013, 12:23 PM
(#12)

Old
Tue Apr 30, 2013, 05:22 PM
(#13)
(Community Coordinator)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Apr 30, 2013, 05:50 PM
(#14)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi Wavin9! I'll take a look at this hand.

You have QQ in the SB facing a standard raise by the button. You could call here, but playing out of position without the intiative does not have a positive expectation. You also have a monster hand. So raising is the best idea. When you're making a re-raise pre-flop, which is called a 3-bet, you should generally choose a size that is at least 3 times the size of the original bet, so you get maximum value and make it a mistake for worse hands to call. You just made a minraise to 10c. This means villain only needs to call 4c more. This is a bargain price to try and out-flop you. He can call with all sorts of speculative hands, like suited connectors, random aces, and worse pairs. I would have made it at least 18c to get more value for your very strong hand.
As played, the BB folds and the villain on the button calls, so you see a rainbow flop of J76 with 22c in the pot. Since you were the last raiser pre-flop, making a continuation bet is standard. This is also a great flop for you, as you have an overpair. I'd bet much more than 8c, again for value. Something like 15c would be much better. In a post above, you listed the reasons to make a big bet. Getting value for your strong hand applies here.
Another reason to bet strongly is that it defines your hand. Because you bet less than half pot, your hand looks weak, which can cause a villain to try and bluff-raise you. If you make a bigger bet, which says "I have a strong hand", then you are less likely to get bluffed. If villain makes a raise when you've already represented a strong hand, then his raise represents a super-strong hand, like a set of trips.
Villain just calls your bet, but it's hard to narrow his range. Since your flop bet was small, he might have called with ace high (which would have folded to a larger one), but he can also have top pair, an underpair, or a straight draw with a hand like 98.
The turn is about as blank as you can get: the 2c. Since you still have an overpair and probably the best hand, betting again for value is good, but again you bet way too small. 10c into 38c is about a quarter of the pot. You want villain to make a big mistake by calling a big bet with a weak hand or draw. With a small bet, he's not making a big mistake. In fact, you're basically saying "Please draw out on me".
Villain doesn't just call your turn bet, though. He raises it up to 36c. This is a hefty raise, and it generally indicates a strong hand. A good player will usually have 2 pairs or a set here, but I think it's possible he just has top pair with AJ or KJ (which you beat), and wants to make the pot bigger.
In general, you should usually fold one pair (even an overpair) if you get raised on the turn, because the raise is almost never a bluff. Here, calling isn't so bad, but only because you've under-repped your hand. A villain is likely to think top pair is good, because your bets have been so small.
You call and the river is an ace. This is a terrible card for you, because you no longer have an overpair. Your best hope is to check and hope villain checks behind with a hand like KJ. Villain actually fires a bet of almost the size of the pot. This ace didn't scare him. It either improved his hand, or he already had a set. Folding to the bet is correct.

You made a good fold on the end here, but it looks like you need to work on your bet-sizing. When you have a big hand, you want to build a big pot. Always bet at least half pot on the flop and turn to get value from worse hands. If it's not clear, go back and watch the bet-sizing video again.

Hope this helps!
Cheers,
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed May 01, 2013, 05:37 AM
(#15)
(Community Coordinator)
Hello,

Fantastic!

Your second Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your 2nd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com