Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

5nl FR, TPTK vs shove

Old
5nl FR, TPTK vs shove - Wed Apr 10, 2013, 03:22 AM
(#1)
Since: May 2012

villain is unkwown
on second thought, i shouldnt have folded.
he could have JJ or AJ, but most of the time he will have a bad A or a draw otherwise he would have raised instead of shoving, am i right?

Old
Wed Apr 10, 2013, 07:40 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
BronzeStar
heey espada, i think you have to call, there are better hands in his range like 33 jj aj. but people jus tlove to shove their flush draws. i think if he had a hand like aj he would just flatted and maybe check shove the turn. i think you have to call here but its not an easy, im intersted to see what the rest thinks

Triple Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Apr 10, 2013, 10:40 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Espada,

I agree with ado again, I would always stack this off here. Villain is again sitting on an odd stack of 79bb's, so probably fishy... it's a 3-bet pot with a low stack to pot ratio and we hit our hand taking us to the top of our range. While he can certainly have sets or AJ, sometimes at least he would just call our c-bet, or click it back and min-raise, rather than shove. Other hands are conceivable here too, notably a flush draw. But he will also sometimes turn over a worse ace that he's shoving "to protect his hand", and once in a while a random bluff... like he thinks you're making a move on him and he decides he's going to out play you right here, this hand, and shoves knowing you will fold if you don't have an ace.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com