Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

$1.5 fifty50, bubble with 99...call off?

Old
$1.5 fifty50, bubble with 99...call off? - Thu Apr 11, 2013, 05:39 AM
(#1)
Since: May 2012
Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

should i call this?

Old
Thu Apr 11, 2013, 11:51 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Please post the hand. The replayer is blank.

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Apr 11, 2013, 04:15 PM
(#3)
Since: May 2012
just looked at it and works fine
im putting up a similar hand in case something else is wrong!

here, same spot
instead of 99 its AK

whats the bottom of your calling range here?

Old
Thu Apr 11, 2013, 05:20 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Espada_Nu.4!

The first post says 'error no data found'. But the second post that you made works.

I'm on the bubble of a 50-50 with AK. Here is the key to the hand for me. I'm last in chips and the other short stack has position on me, which means that I'll blind out before they will. Due to this, I'm looking for any +EV spot that I can, in order to gain chips and get into a top 5 chip position.

Here, with AK, I need to call 700 into a pot that will be 2300 (30.4%). I then go to pokerstove and see if my hand has over 30% equity, which AK will have in a HU situation. Due to this, I will call the bigstack's shove here. Against their range (which should be wide), AK's going to be a favorite in the hand in a large +EV situation. IMO, that means it's plenty strong enough to call here, as I'll call with any hand that will be +EV against their range.

Now, say for example, I had 4th chip stack with two shorties that will blind out before me, then I would look at the situation more like a satellite and would muck (although I'm still playing any hand where I'm a large favorite to win the hand, like AK would be against a wide opp), but when I need chips to get to a top 5 chip stack, I'm looking for any positive spot that I can find.

At 2BB, from the button with an open-shove from the CO, here's the call range from the chart that I use for mtt's (I'll play 50-50's a bit tighter if I'm in a top 5 position, but not if I'm outside the top 5).

44+ A2s+ A8o+ K9s+ KTo+ QTs+ QJo+ JTs

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com