Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Thu Apr 11, 2013, 10:50 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2013
I'm new to PSO and would like to take place in the bankroll builder promotion.

Old
Thu Apr 11, 2013, 11:27 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Apr 12, 2013, 08:47 AM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgepu1 View Post
I'm new to PSO and would like to take place in the bankroll builder promotion.
Hello,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Done all 3 tasks - Fri Apr 12, 2013, 12:38 PM
(#4)
Hey raiser!

I've watched the video and passed the basic course. Here's a hand that I played at the play money tables. In this hand, I lose my chips.

Old
Fri Apr 12, 2013, 04:37 PM
(#5)
(Community Coordinator)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Apr 16, 2013, 10:46 PM
(#6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalraise85 View Post
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

Hey raiser!

When will I get my first bankroll builder promotion?

Old
Wed Apr 17, 2013, 08:49 AM
(#7)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi georgepu1!

With a marginal to bad hand like 68s from the SB, since I'm out of position, I'm going to immediately fold this preflop. The positional disadvantage that I have from the SB means that I should be playing the absolute least amount of hands from it, so I need to muck anything marginal.

When the opp then makes a HUGE raise, I need to muck for sure. I only want to call a large raise like that with a premium made hand.

Patience is a very large key in poker and I want to muck all of my marginal hands, especially when out of position.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Apr 17, 2013, 03:27 PM
(#8)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hey raiser!

When will I get my first bankroll builder promotion?
Brilliant!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Apr 17, 2013, 11:27 PM
(#9)

Hi,

I think I made a wrong decision of this hand,I lost my first promotion of this hand.

I've also completed the cash game course and here are 3 reasons a player might want to make a big bet:
-To bluff
-To protect against strong draws
-To gain value for a very strong hand.

Old
Thu Apr 18, 2013, 09:02 AM
(#10)
(Community Coordinator)

Cheers.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Apr 18, 2013, 12:03 PM
(#11)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi georgepu1!

Firstly, this is a 6-max table. For the rest of this promotion, please find a seat on a 9-handed full ring table, because the tight range of starting hands recommended in the PSO courses is designed specifically for full ring.

With AKs UTG, you definitely want to play, even though you're in early position, as this is a strong starting hand. A standard raise is 3bb (6c). There's no need to bet more or less than that. Keep your pre-flop raises at a standard size. Both blinds call, so you see a flop 3-handed.
The flop of K85 is good for you. You have top pair, top kicker (TPTK) and can get value from flush draws and worse pairs.
Strangely, the BB donks out, when his standard play should be to check to the pre-flop aggressor, which was you.
A donkbet like this is "polarized". It represents either a very strong hand (e.g. a set of trips), or a very weak one, such as a medium pair or a draw. If villain has a strong hand, then he wants to play a big pot, so he wants you to raise. If he has a weak hand, then he wants to take the pot down immediately.
Since villain either wants you to raise or to fold, you should do neither. The standard play to make when you have top pair and get donked into is to call. Calling keeps the pot relatively small when you're losing, and gets value when you're ahead, because if villain is bluffing, he'll have to bet again on a later street to win the pot.
When you raise this donkbet, you're almost never getting action from worse. Villain will fold all his bluffs, so you lose the value you could get on later streets, and re-raise with his monster hands. The latter is what happens here. Villain led out with his set because he wants to build a big pot. When you raised, it re-opened the betting, allowing him to shove all in. Your TPTK is in terrible shape in this spot. With these specific cards and flop, you'll need running cards and will only win this hand about 2% of the time, so you should fold to the shove.

When you're in a similar situation in future, be more careful. Don't bloat the pot if you're only going to get action from stronger hands. Keep the pot small by just calling. If you find yourself putting a lot of money in the pot and you only have one pair, you're nearly always losing.

Hope this helps!
Cheers,
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Apr 19, 2013, 05:44 AM
(#12)
(Community Coordinator)
Hello,

Fantastic!

Your second Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your 2nd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Apr 21, 2013, 12:03 AM
(#13)
Quote:
Hello,

Fantastic!

Your second Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your 2nd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Raiser

Hey raiser!

I've now accumulated 10VPP's after the last bonus. Please advise what I should do next.

Old
Sun Apr 21, 2013, 07:09 AM
(#14)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hey raiser!

I've now accumulated 10VPP's after the last bonus. Please advise what I should do next.
Hello,

'Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus'+

Remember it's 10 VPPs earned AFTER you got your last buy-in, not 10 VPPs total (any VPPS earned before you got your last buy-in do not count)

If you have earned 10 VPPs AFTER you got your 2nd bonus then your 3rd bonus should be credited to you automatically within 48 hours.

Let me know when you get it and I'll advise on the next step.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Apr 21, 2013, 10:29 AM
(#15)
Hey raiser!

I have earned 10 VPPs AFTER I got my 2nd bonus yesterday.

Old
Sun Apr 21, 2013, 05:11 PM
(#16)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hey raiser!

I have earned 10 VPPs AFTER I got my 2nd bonus yesterday.
If you have earned 10 VPPs AFTER you got your 2nd bonus then your 3rd bonus should be credited to you automatically within 48 hours.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Apr 21, 2013, 09:24 PM
(#17)
Quote:

Raiser

Hey raiser!

I get my 3rd bonus .Please advise on the next step.

Old
Mon Apr 22, 2013, 06:39 AM
(#18)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hey raiser!
I get my 3rd bonus .Please advise on the next step.
Brilliant,

Your Bankroll Builder progress is moving along nicely and you have received your 3rd bonus, great job!

Step Three

Now we really want you to up your game! Your challenge is to earn 10 VPPs after getting today's buy-in.

Note that any VPPs that you have earned up to this point won't count, only those earned AFTER you get your 3rd buy-in.

When you hit your target of 10 VPPs we will award you with your final Bankroll Builder bonus. Let us know when you reach the target.

Best of Luck at the tables and let us know as soon as you have earned the 10 VPPs.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com