Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10NL 6maxZ. TT on btn flat min utg raise. In position raise every bet?

Old
10NL 6maxZ. TT on btn flat min utg raise. In position raise every bet? - Fri Apr 12, 2013, 01:35 AM
(#1)
Since: May 2011
Hi,

I don't understand what happened here perhaps over confident after a break from a good session.

With TT on btn I flat a min utg raise - no reads previously but now that utg raise looks so suspicious.

In position I raise every bet with 3 flush cards on the flop to an open ended straight flush.

River helps but can't understand if I was >>value owning myself<< or the villain hasn't a clue?

Old
Fri Apr 12, 2013, 03:36 AM
(#2)
Since: Nov 2011
Hey FF

Villain doesn't have a clue. You did a great job of extracting max value from his range at every point. Remember that just because you were behind on one street, the turn, doesn't mean you should evaluate your raising his bet as a mistake. You still had plenty of equity in the hand, plenty of ways to win, and moreover, against the range of hands he takes this line with, you are likely far ahead.

So I think you played it pretty much as well as possible. I think it makes sense to raise every street given his weak leads and to not three-bet preflop most of the time. You could if you had a better read but it doesn't sound as if you did.

WP imo

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com