Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll builder

Old
Bankroll builder - Fri Apr 12, 2013, 03:54 AM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2013
BronzeStar
Hey guys,
I want to take part in the bankroll builder promotion.
Pls tell me if I am eligible at the earliest!
Thanks ,
Shikkshak

Old
Fri Apr 12, 2013, 04:15 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikkshak View Post
Hey guys,
I want to take part in the bankroll builder promotion.
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Apr 13, 2013, 09:39 AM
(#3)
Since: Apr 2011
Hello,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

flophitter

Old
Tue Apr 16, 2013, 05:42 AM
(#4)
BronzeStar
hey guys,thanks 4 ur help.but in all of the games i play i cant see a previous hand icon.so i am unable to post a replay of my hand!
help me out pls!

Old
Tue Apr 16, 2013, 08:59 AM
(#5)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
hey guys,thanks 4 ur help.but in all of the games i play i cant see a previous hand icon.so i am unable to post a replay of my hand!
help me out pls!
Hello,

Watch the first video in the link above (Getting Started) and it will show you how to get your hand histories.

If you need more help let us know and we'll talk you though it, no worries

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Apr 18, 2013, 06:11 AM
(#6)
BronzeStar

hi guys,
finally figured it out1
i lost this hand but in future i am not really sure if i should play such a hand in future!
so pls help me out!
thanks in advance!

Old
Thu Apr 18, 2013, 08:45 AM
(#7)
(Community Coordinator)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Apr 18, 2013, 11:38 AM
(#8)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi Shikkshak!

This hand looks a like a play money tournament hand. The Bankroll Builder promotion is based on ring games where the blinds don't increase. Ring games have a different strategy to tournaments, so find the standard 9-handed ring games in the lobby for the rest of this promotion.

99 is a strong hand, but in a full ring cash game, it's only marginally profitable when played in early position, because you'll often be called and see a flop containing overcards. Playing out of position is neither fun nor profitable except with monster hands like TT+ and AK, so I'd recommend you fold 99 in this particular seat (under the gun). You may be able to open raise with it in the second seat (UTG+1) and it's certainly profitable to play it in later positions. When your expectation is negative or only slightly positive, then there's no harm in open-folding.

In tournament situations, position and stack sizes probably have more importance than your actual cards. Here you have over 23 big blinds to start the hand. I think this is too large a stack for an open shove. You shouldn't usually be going all in pre-flop until you're below 15bb. I'd prefer a standard raise of 3bb (360 chips). If someone comes over the top with a raise, they are representing a bigger pair and you can fold for no additional loss, as you'll still have a playable stack of 20bb. When you open shove 23bb, it's hard to get called by worse. You'll only get action from hands that crush you. That's what happens here. JJ and QQ see a great chance to double up, and your pair is a huge underdog against these hands.

Hope this helps!
Cheers,
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Last edited by ArtySmokesPS; Thu Apr 18, 2013 at 11:40 AM..

Old
Fri Apr 19, 2013, 05:46 AM
(#9)
(Community Coordinator)
Hello,

Please let me know when you pass the Poker Basic quiz and I'll get your first bonus to you.

Cheers,

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
success!!! - Mon Apr 22, 2013, 12:28 AM
(#10)
BronzeStar
hey guys,
i have finally passed the basic assessment quiz.
when will i get my bonus ,so i can start playing real poker??

with hope,
Shikkshak

Old
Mon Apr 22, 2013, 06:32 AM
(#11)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
hey guys,
i have finally passed the basic assessment quiz.
when will i get my bonus ,so i can start playing real poker??

with hope,
Shikkshak
Brilliant!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com