Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

$3.50 fifty50, correct shove?

Old
$3.50 fifty50, correct shove? - Fri Apr 12, 2013, 04:06 PM
(#1)
Since: May 2012

is this a corrrect shove?
well, i need chips and villain 4 is kind of fishy

what do you think about player's 6 play?
was is it correct overcalling?

Old
Fri Apr 12, 2013, 06:56 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Espada_Nu.4!

I've got less than 3BB and pick up 33 from UTG+1. There is also a min-raise from UTG that is known to be fishy. If I had a top 5 chip stack, I'd look at things differently, or if I would be in a situation where others could blind out before me, so that I could get ITM. However, here, I'm not in the top 5 and desperately need to accumulate chips. Due to this, I'm going to shove and hope that I'm going to be in a race with seat 4.
I don't even have an M of 2, so I can't wait for a different situaiton, I need to take whatever +EV spot that I can find and having a pokect pair for me, definitely qualifies.

Villains 6 and 7 are in even worse shape than me, as they're blinded out in 3-4 hands. Due to this, they really need to find any situation where they can gain chips and if I were them, I'm shoving a VERY WIDE range here if I'm them. I'd play any pair, any A, any K any suited connectors, 1-gaps, 2-gaps and even 3-gaps. They can't wait and need to be playing anything that has equity. If I'm villain 6 with 88, I snap-call.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

P.S. for your seat at the table, here's the open-shove range for 2.5BB 22+ Ax+ K2s+ K6o+ Q3s+ Q8o+ J5s+ J8o+ T6s+ T8o+ 96s+ 86s+ 76s 65s

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com