Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

bankroll buildeer

Old
bankroll buildeer - Fri Apr 12, 2013, 07:52 PM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2012
hi. i would like to participate in bankroll builder..thanks

Old
Fri Apr 12, 2013, 08:40 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by avukat67 View Post
hi. i would like to participate in bankroll builder..thanks
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Apr 13, 2013, 01:52 PM
(#3)
(Community Coordinator)
Hello,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
bankroll builder - Sat Apr 13, 2013, 05:57 PM
(#4)

i had k 6 and see the flop flop was k q 2.i raised some to see how others response or react..they called and turn card was 3..i raised little more than first one..they called again..and river is five..i go all in one called and he had ace high..i won

Old
bankroll builder - Sat Apr 13, 2013, 08:45 PM
(#5)
i have done whatever you asked..you said let us know when you finish thats why i am telling you

Old
Sun Apr 14, 2013, 05:56 AM
(#6)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
i have done whatever you asked..you said let us know when you finish thats why i am telling you
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Apr 14, 2013, 12:04 PM
(#7)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi avukat67!

With K6, there are 4 limps, then a raise and two calls of the raise. Since I'm out of position with a bad hand, I need to muck this preflop and look for a better spot to get my chips into. Being patient and getting rid of the bad hands that I get is a key component that all poker players need to have. I want to be putting my chips into the pot when I'm ahead, not when I'm most likely behind.

If I was in the pot, which I would never be, when I flop top pair with a bad kicker and it checks to me, I'm going to take one shot to win the pot. Due to the large number of opps in the pot, I need to size my value bet at a pot-sized bet of 320. If I'm raised, I need to muck. If I'm called, I will not put another chip into the pot unless my hand improves. I do not want to be all-in unless I'm sure that I'm going to have the best hand after all 5 cards are on the board and it's very easy for an opp to have a K with a better kicker here, so I do NOT want to do that.

Patience is a big key in poker and due to that, I want to muck my bad hands preflop.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
bankroll builder - Sun Apr 14, 2013, 06:45 PM
(#8)
thank you..i really felt i am getting better..i played hubbles nl holdem freeroll last night..and i dont know for sure but it was the first time i got ticket from hubbles nl holdem..9000 entrants..so whatever you ask..i am ready to do.

Old
hand replayer - Sun Apr 14, 2013, 06:47 PM
(#9)
shall i do a better one..play and save stuff?do you want me to do?

Old
pocket jacks - Sun Apr 14, 2013, 11:28 PM
(#10)

i raise preflop to 3bb and get called by 5 villains the 6th goes all in by 79 and i and 3 other villains call..it is just i as i hope..and i raise about 1/2 pot and get called by three of them..and tur comes up with an ace..i check and so do they..last card again a bad one k..i check and so do they and i win..is that right play?

Last edited by avukat67; Sun Apr 14, 2013 at 11:34 PM..

Old
Mon Apr 15, 2013, 06:33 AM
(#11)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Brilliant!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

Bracelet Winner

Old
maybe i should just call - Mon Apr 15, 2013, 12:09 PM
(#12)

i have pocket 6s and a player raises to 3bb and i call..flop is a 9 6 rainbow..i hit the sat here..know for sure he has ak aq aj something like that..and he makes medium raise with 8 bb and i raise him to 48 the other folds there and and the villain is all in i call and turn is 9 again and i have full and win..

but i dont know for sure if i would call him when he raises on the flop to make the other call..or did i do the right thing?

Old
what would you do? - Mon Apr 15, 2013, 12:15 PM
(#13)

i have a 10 the man raises 5bb and i make the call..flop is 10 9 7..two hearts and draw possibilities..so he sees that and goes all in maybe to protect the pot..i have the t/t but i fold?what would you do there?

Old
am i on the wrong direction? - Mon Apr 15, 2013, 12:37 PM
(#14)

i have kq and raise 3bb..4 j k rainbow flop have top pair and a strong kicker..but there is a draw possibility and i make a big raise pot is 19 and i raise 7 bb 14..the man calls and its goddam 10..i make a bigger one i guess again cos i have top pair and draw possibilities..aces or 9s..so i raise 19 bb and get called..the river is king spades and there are three spades..straight possibilities..but i get trip and decide to make big raise..50 bb..but he is all in now..and i call..he played well.but unluck situation 4 me

Old
Mon Apr 15, 2013, 05:11 PM
(#15)
(Community Coordinator)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Apr 15, 2013, 05:55 PM
(#16)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi avukat!

KQ offsuit is a little too weak to be playing in early position. It's hard to make money with this hand when someone else can see your actions post-flop. I like your decent sizing on the flop, as you can get value from draws. The turn is a pretty bad card for you, because it completes Broadway for AQ, and can also give villain two pairs. I think betting again is good because villain can still have a hand like AJ/AT. The river is brutal, because you make trips. It's horrible when villain raises here. His hand actually looks more like a slow-played set that rivered a boat, but AQ probably raises too. Villain may also have given your UTG raise a lot of credit, so flatted with AK, which also has you beat. There aren't really any worse kings here, unless villain is loose enough to have called pre-flop with K9s.
Villain's raise gives you a great price to call, but you're not often going to have the best hand here. An alternative line to take might have been to check-call the river, so you get value when you have the best hand, but lose the minimum when you're beat.
Hopefully you learned from this why playing out of position is so tough. When villain calls in position, he can control the pot-size. He'll call when he thinks he has good odds to chase a draw, and he can flat or raise when he makes the nuts, giving you a really tough decision. This is why it's best to fold hands like KQ in early position. It won't make the nuts very often, so you'd prefer to open with it in late position and try and win a small pot against the blinds.

Hope this helps!
Cheers,
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Apr 15, 2013, 06:20 PM
(#17)
thank you..at first i thought these courses were unnecessary and if you know poker(the rules) its up to you to win but i was totally magnificantly wrong and i am trying to get everything i can get..i am definitely improving..pokerschool is awesome,fantastic..thank you so much..

Old
Mon Apr 15, 2013, 09:08 PM
(#18)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
thank you..at first i thought these courses were unnecessary and if you know poker(the rules) its up to you to win but i was totally magnificantly wrong and i am trying to get everything i can get..i am definitely improving..pokerschool is awesome,fantastic..thank you so much..
Good to hear, there will always be ups and downs but the players who work harder on their game will experience more ups in the long run, pokers a tough game and you really need to work hard at it. I would suggest that if you play for one hour, then study what you've played for two hours.

Self analyse your starting hands, position, bet sizing, watch your opponents, their bet sizes and plays, make notes on them, add hands to your hand replayer here at the school, look at them again after every session, did you make the right play? Could you have played it differently? Always be thinking like this as it's way to easy, and sadly expensive, to just click buttons

Let me know when you've passed the cash game course and I'll get you're next bonus to you.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
done :) - Tue Apr 16, 2013, 06:29 AM
(#19)
cash quiz is passed sir

Old
Tue Apr 16, 2013, 08:54 AM
(#20)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
cash quiz is passed sir
Hello,

Fantastic!

Your second Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your 2nd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com