Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

$3.50 fifty50, too loose of a call?

Old
$3.50 fifty50, too loose of a call? - Sat Apr 13, 2013, 10:25 AM
(#1)
Since: May 2012

villain is reg, and i have seen him shoving with 10BB wide
i have 22 in the BB and since i am last in chips i decide to take my chances.
was my call correct?

Old
Sat Apr 13, 2013, 10:35 AM
(#2)
Since: Nov 2007
I think calling with 2s here is a bit loose, mainly because he is definitely going to have two overcards unless he has twos as well You will only hit your set one time in seven and if he hits either of his overcards you are crushed. I would even say that against Q10x you have less equity than the villain pre flop so making the call and hitting one of your two outs required some good fortune. But poker is a strange game and sometimes fortune favours the brave.

Cheers,

TC

Edit: If he is a reg he is probably using an ICM calculator to shove a range of hands in different scenarios and 2s probably do not perform well against that range generally which means he has a lot of fold equity. Having said that I have seen many people shoving small pocket pairs and holding up against what would be considered a better range. I think shoving ranges in ST SnGs especially when short stacked are more influenced by good fortune than any other part of the game but that is just an opinion.

Last edited by topthecat; Sat Apr 13, 2013 at 10:42 AM..

Old
Sat Apr 13, 2013, 12:08 PM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi Espada_Nu.4

I'm folding 2's.
Most villains will be shoving around 20% of their hands and our equity against this range is poor. We will have just 43% equity. We should fold and find a better spot to get the money in.

Cheers, Chris.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com