Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Brags, Beats and Variance /

Tilt

Old
Tilt - Sat Apr 13, 2013, 12:05 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2013
BronzeStar
I had a pair of 7 and flopped a set. Villain flopped a K set...

Analyzing it I should have been a bit more careful given pre-flop the villain 3bet.

And after that... Lost all my bankrollbuilder money on a stupid play!! I'm still on the tilt for sure!

Any thoughts about the best way to deal when you get on that state? And how to avoid it?

Regards,
Pw

Old
Sat Apr 13, 2013, 12:24 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi SrPickwick!

set over set is one of, if not the hardest hand to get off of and the overwhelming majority of players are going to go broke there every single time.

I had one last week where I had pkt 7's into an 8-way family limped pot pre... flop middle set with the 7's and didn't have the best hand, as someone limped KK pre and hit a set of K's. Needless to say, I went straight to the rail.

These things are a part of poker and will happen over and over. The key is to learn to not get upset over them and to not have them tilt you, as it's a part of poker that will happen over and over.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Apr 13, 2013, 12:56 PM
(#3)
Since: Mar 2013
BronzeStar
I didn't get upset, as I understood it was a break of luck that can happen. I just smiled, but tilted nevertheless.

I think next time I take a beat like that ill stop for a while, but I want to know how you guys get over tilting.

Old
Sat Apr 13, 2013, 01:54 PM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2011
How do we get over tilt? By taking a break, replaying the hand(s) a few times to make sure we made good decisions (so it was just bad luck, not bad play), and by looking forward to the next hand/session.
Once you've had a few hundred bad beats, you'll no longer be agonising over them.

(Funnily rnough, I still clearly remember the worst bad beat I ever had, and that was on a play money table about 3 years ago. I think I had my aces cracked twice yesterday and can't even remember what they were cracked by, because these days I just move on to the next hand as if nothing had happened).

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com