Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

bankroll builder

Old
bankroll builder - Sat Apr 13, 2013, 05:54 PM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2013
Hi
How can I participate in this plan?

Old
Sat Apr 13, 2013, 07:24 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Apr 14, 2013, 09:37 AM
(#3)
Since: Apr 2011
Hello,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

flophitter

Old
Mon Apr 15, 2013, 01:05 AM
(#4)
thanks. i watched the videos and passed the test. this is a play money hand i played yesterday.
i think i should made bigger bet on turn. closer to pot.

Old
Mon Apr 15, 2013, 06:37 AM
(#5)
Thanks for that, we'll have the hand analysis done shortly, then I'll give you your next steps

Old
Mon Apr 15, 2013, 01:47 PM
(#6)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bioarash View Post
thanks. i watched the videos and passed the test. this is a play money hand i played yesterday.
i think i should made bigger bet on turn. closer to pot.
Hi Bioarash

Interesting hand! Preflop is fine.

The flop is not good for you with two overcards that are connected and suited. However, calling the min-bet is correct. Notice that this min-bet is a huge mistake by the villain. With 600 cents in the pot, betting 20 accomplishes nothing. If he has a hand, he is losing value by not betting more, and if he doesnt he is just building the pot with air. Moreover, anyone chasing a flush, straight or lower pair is getting great odds to continue. Don't make the same mistake yourself!

The turn gives you a set which is great. However, notice that it may have given someone a straight if they are holding 10J. Betting is fine, but if someone reraises you, you will need to reevaluate and maybe even fold. I think you betsize was fine. Betting more will just get you value owned. This means all the hands you are beating will fold, and only the hands beating you will continue. On a draw heavy board, you should bet about 70% of the pot. On a dry board you can bet about 50%.

The river is a horrible card because it makes a straight even more possible for a villain. I strongly suggest checking down the river in this spot. You have good showdown value, but a straight is very possible. You are not likely to get anymore value from the hands you are beating. The only hands calling, or worse raising you, are those that just made a straight.

I hope this helps

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Mon Apr 15, 2013, 02:33 PM
(#7)
Brilliant!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

flophitter

Old
second bankroll builder - Tue Apr 16, 2013, 03:04 PM
(#8)
hi
i lost my cash
but i passed the cash game exam with grade 81%
can u help me how can i get my second?
tnx

Old
Tue Apr 16, 2013, 03:06 PM
(#9)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
hi
i lost my cash
but i passed the cash game exam with grade 81%
can u help me how can i get my second?
tnx
Please post the hand where you lost the money with. This is an important step and we cannot award further bonuses until you post the hand where you lost the first bonus with.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
bankroll builder - Tue Apr 16, 2013, 03:10 PM
(#10)
this is the hand that i lost my bouns
Total pot 1690 | Rake 0
Board [Kd Ah 3d 2c 8h]
Seat 2: Sana-gold (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: DeEL!rIoUS (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 4: Ludmila_174 (big blind) showed [6d Ac] and won (1690) with a pair of Aces
Seat 5: x Tiger15 x folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: Pkhenriques folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 7: beza-new folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 8: pyton00001 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 9: Bioarash showed [3s Ts] and lost with a pair of Threes

Old
Tue Apr 16, 2013, 03:17 PM
(#11)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
this is the hand that i lost my bouns
Total pot 1690 | Rake 0
Board [Kd Ah 3d 2c 8h]
Seat 2: Sana-gold (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: DeEL!rIoUS (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 4: Ludmila_174 (big blind) showed [6d Ac] and won (1690) with a pair of Aces
Seat 5: x Tiger15 x folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: Pkhenriques folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 7: beza-new folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 8: pyton00001 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 9: Bioarash showed [3s Ts] and lost with a pair of Threes
Please post the hand using the Hand Replayer as instructed in the posts above, this is very important.

Also this 'Total pot 1690 | Rake 0 ' would suggest that this IS NOT a real money hand.

As soon as you post the hand using the hand replayer we will analyse it for you and advise on the next step.

Cheers,

Raiser

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com