Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

5 nl aa

Old
5 nl aa - Sun Apr 14, 2013, 07:07 AM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2011
http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...135_355F8FF549

guy is pretty nit 11/10 out of 82 hands on zoom.

fold flop or turn?

Old
Sun Apr 14, 2013, 07:52 AM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2011
Against this player, I can fold the flop and the reason is quite simple.
He's very tight, opened in MP, and flat-called the 3-bet. His hand is pretty much face up as QQ-TT.

Villain's opening range is fairly tight to start with. It's something like 88+/AQ+/AJs+, but when you 3-bet, his range for continuing shrinks to TT+ and AK. With KK+ and AK, he probably continues by 4-betting. With QQ-TT, it's very common for villains to think "My hand isn't strong enough to 4-bet, but it's too strong to fold", so they call. So his range for calling and seeing the flop is QQ, JJ and TT.
On a QTx flop, this villain either has a set (QQ/TT) or an underpair (JJ). He's folding JJ when you bet the flop, and either raising or flatting with a set (planning to get it in on later streets).

Villain misses a lot of value here by only minraising with top set and then betting really small on subsequent streets (90c into 6.83 on the river is pathetic, especially when the flush completed and he has top boat) so you kind of lost the minimum. If I'd been villain, I'd have sized my bets so I'm value-shoving the river.

I hope you made a note that this guy flats 3-bets with QQ and only minraises or bets small when he has the nuts, because he's sure to take a similar line in the future. If he wants to miss a ton of value, good luck to him!

Cheers,
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com