Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Brags, Beats and Variance /

beat this...

Old
Default
beat this... - Sat Nov 23, 2002, 12:57 PM
(#1)
Deleted user
satelitte

no limit holdem 20 buy in ---- 1st HAND!!!!

Starting hand #10872286
>>>DEALING HOLE CARDS<<<
"spades" posts the small blind $25
gromyko posts the big blind $50
"spades" dealt down Ts Ks
mordyb folds
RudeJoker calls $50
doebaydozer folds
Atindell folds
Wiscer raises $150 to $200
parksy folds
ghotion raises $1,800 to $2,000 and is all-in
rememberic folds
"spades" folds
gromyko calls $1,950 and is all-in
RudeJoker calls $1,950 and is all-in
Wiscer called time
Wiscer called time
Wiscer called time
Wiscer folds
gromyko shows cards Qd Qh
RudeJoker shows cards 7h Td
ghotion shows cards Ah Ac
>>>DEALING FLOP<<< [ 3c 5d 6d ]
>>>DEALING TURN<<< [ 4d ]
>>>DEALING RIVER<<< [ 9s ]
RudeJoker wins $6,225
RudeJoker won with a seven high straight
gromyko finishes in 9th place
ghotion finishes in 9th place

Starting hand #10872315

8O 8O 8O 8) spades
 
Old
Default
Sat Nov 23, 2002, 01:15 PM
(#2)
Deleted user
ugly bad beat

Randy
 
Old
Default
Sat Nov 23, 2002, 01:43 PM
(#3)
Deleted user
T7...danny n.'s unbeatable hand...man, those pros are goot!!!
 
Old
Default
Sun Nov 24, 2002, 01:18 AM
(#4)
Deleted user
lol. Life is g00t.
 
Old
Default
Re: beat this... - Sun Nov 24, 2002, 11:29 AM
(#5)
Deleted user
Quote:
Originally Posted by spades
Wiscer raises $150 to $200
parksy folds
ghotion raises $1,800 to $2,000 and is all-in
rememberic folds
"spades" folds
gromyko calls $1,950 and is all-in
RudeJoker calls $1,950 and is all-in
Wiscer called time
Wiscer called time
Wiscer called time
Wiscer folds
gromyko shows cards Qd Qh
RudeJoker shows cards 7h Td
ghotion shows cards Ah Ac
I LEARNED HOW TO FOLD JACKS!

YEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAA
 
Old
Default
Loaded? - Sun Nov 24, 2002, 12:36 PM
(#6)
Deleted user
Someone shoot Rudejoker
 
Old
Default
Sun Nov 24, 2002, 01:31 PM
(#7)
TrumpinJoe's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,557
For playing T-7 off or for winning with it?
 
Old
Default
Re: beat this... - Sun Nov 24, 2002, 02:33 PM
(#8)
Deleted user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiscer
I LEARNED HOW TO FOLD JACKS!

YEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Cool. Well done. The next step is to fold them in that situation without hitting the time button 50 times
 
Old
Default
Sun Nov 24, 2002, 03:04 PM
(#9)
Deleted user
T7s not a bad call in that postion

first a raise then a reraise all in with a call thats alot of big cards already out there
personaly i would thave prefered a 56s or 67s

but the T7s was not in as bad a way as you might think

there seems to be alot of new members this month and about 30% of them seems to be playing any 2 suited cards for any bet which we know in the long run is a losing play and hopefully they will learn this but as i have said for a long time the websites out there are teaching players to play any 2 suited or connecting cards and i think some pros must be writting about these as starting hand because casino/online sites make money from rake so they bigger the pot the more they make so they want people playing rags they would make very little if every hand was folded round to 1 bettor whom scooped the blinds.
 
Old
Default
Sun Nov 24, 2002, 07:27 PM
(#10)
Deleted user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironside
T7s not a bad call in that postion

first a raise then a reraise all in with a call thats alot of big cards already out there
personaly i would thave prefered a 56s or 67s

but the T7s was not in as bad a way as you might think
The math is the key. Based on the action, the T7 can put at least 1 opponent, and probably at least 2 oppnents on overpairs to his 2 cards. At best, he is against 1 overpair and AK. I think AA or KK is highly likely to be one of the oppoennts hands. So, in answer to whetehr this was a bad call, and if so just how bad, can be found out by doing the math. In my opinion, the T7 was nowhere close to getting the odds.

You say there is a lot of big cards out, but there is a difference between those big cards being just overcards, and them being overpairs.
 
Old
Default
Sun Nov 24, 2002, 08:08 PM
(#11)
Deleted user
i never said the call was right but lets think about it if it was a real money game 2 players all in before you first hand of a tourny a possible 3rd still to act now you got 2 low cards against possible 6 over cards out you have a chance to gain 8k stack and totally domainate the table fold and be dominated by a possilbe 6k stack or call get busted and go find another game.

some people like to gain a big stack early and use it to dominate a table.
 
Old
Default
Mon Nov 25, 2002, 12:29 AM
(#12)
Deleted user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironside
i never said the call was right but lets think about it if it was a real money game 2 players all in before you first hand of a tourny a possible 3rd still to act now you got 2 low cards against possible 6 over cards out
Thats the whole point. The possibility of being against 6 overcards, in that situation based on the action so far, is very, very low. You will be against at least 1 overpair the vast majority of the time. Even if you want a big stack, there are better ways to go about it than sticking it in there.
 
Old
Default
Re: beat this... - Mon Nov 25, 2002, 10:03 AM
(#13)
Deleted user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodles
Cool. Well done. The next step is to fold them in that situation without hitting the time button 50 times
Hey, I only hit time 3 times!!! I was trying to pick up a tell...
 
Old
Default
chain yanking? - Mon Nov 25, 2002, 04:19 PM
(#14)
Deleted user
TrumpinJoe said:
Quote:
For playing T-7 off or for winning with it?
You just trying to "wind me up", aren't ya....lol
 

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com