Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

Mini-tilt

Old
Mini-tilt - Sun Apr 14, 2013, 04:27 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2013
4th hand of the $100k freeroll
4th time Villain_8 goes all-in
I know I shouldn't but I guess I tilted and got fed up with it as I'm just trying to enjoy a bit of poker
And as per usual, I hit nothing...

Should learn some breathing excercices...

Old
Sun Apr 14, 2013, 06:45 PM
(#2)
Since: Nov 2012
Its a freeroll what do you expect, there are a crazy game because people have nothing to lose and players are looking to chip up early so they can run deep hence all the shoving early on.

Old
Sun Apr 14, 2013, 11:01 PM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2010
In a freeroll, expect all ins from any pair, any two broadway cards, any 2 suited, plus any connectors, especially in the first hour. Unless you're a bingo fan, play extremely tight (AA, KK maybe QQ or smaller pairs if it is cheap enough. You want to avoid those early all in situations as much as possible. No matter how good your hand equity is, your tournament equity isn't great in a multi-way all in in the early stages.

A few years ago I tried something I called The Super-tight Experiment for 10 Big $2.20 tournaments. I didn't play any hands except AA, KK , QQ and sometimes AK unless I was under 15 bigs. I found I almost always finished in the money, but had no chance for a big win, since I was always so short stacked.

The trick with big tournaments is to balance the risk and reward. The reward is huge in those early all in pots, but the risk is that you bust early. Just learn to shrug off the losses and enjoy the wins .

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com