Old
My 5 last tournaments...5 - Mon Apr 15, 2013, 01:22 AM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2010

Old
Mon Apr 15, 2013, 01:24 AM
(#2)
If you plan to stick around as a poker player, you're gonna have to learn to deal with bad beats. If I made a forum post every time I lost with aces, I'd have several hundred posts on that subject alone. :/

Maybe posting the beats helps you get over them, but it doesn't do anyone else any favours. Poker is a game that involves luck. Don't sweat the things you can't control (random luck). Focus on getting your money in good most of the time. If you make good decisions, and don't get tilted by the suckouts, the results will look after themselves in the long run.

Read more: My 4 last tournaments...4 - PokerSchoolOnline Forum http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...#ixzz2QVTSMFOk

Old
Mon Apr 15, 2013, 11:22 AM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2011
I don't want to get into a big debate here. I'll just say that I'm a veteran of "online poker is rigged" threads (which are not welcome on this forum, btw) and I have very little patience with players who refuse to grasp basic concepts like "the law of large numbers", "the short run" and "variance".

I'm not going to claim that you're imagining things or losing to more suckouts than expected. I've been in that spot. I know what it feels like. I've had weeks (and even a whole month) where I was running so bad that I felt like the poker world was conspiring against me. If you check the graph on my blog you'll see that I ran way below expectation over 100,000 hands. In the grand scheme of things, 100k hands is a "small sample", and the gap between my actual results and the expectation is well within the standard deviation for a game involving luck. Your "last 5 tournaments" is so small a sample that it's completely insignificant. It's meaningless.
Seriously, those bad beats might have some significance to your bankroll, but 5 hands or even 5000 hands aren't anywhere near the amount you need to draw conclusions.

The poker gods aren't at war with you. You're just having a run of bad luck. You might also be playing scared (due to tilt) and allowing villains to suck out. You've got to learn to deal with the beats (having 30 buy-ins in your roll should help, because you won't start playing scared after a few losses), because poker can be a very brutal game. If you think you're running bad now, wait until you lose 8 buyins in 1000 hands (like I did) or play 20 STTs without cashing (also fairly common amon winning players).

Good luck!

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Apr 15, 2013, 12:38 PM
(#4)
ARTY,DO YOU REALY BELIEVE THAT MY PROBLEM IS 5-6 OR 1000 TOURNAMENTS??DO YOU BELIEVE THAT I STARTED POSTING BECAUSE I LOST 5 HANDS??I AM PLAYING ANY KIND OF POKER AND MY ONLY LIMIT ARE STAKES.AND I AM GLAD THAT I DO SO BECAUSE I WOULD BE BANKROBBED..I TRULY DONT CARE IF YOU HAVE VERY LITTLE PATIENCE WITH PLAYERS LIKE ME..I HAVE BE PATIENT FOR THE LAST 3 YEARS.YOU HAVE STARTED YOUR ANSWER BY SAYING THAT IF YOU HAVE POSTED EVERY TIME YOU LOST WITH POCKET ACES YOU SHOULD HAVE SEVERAL HUNDRED POSTS.DO YOU WANT TO CHECK MY HANDS AND SEE MY NUMBERS??YOU HAVE MY PERMISSION.AND THEN WE CAN CHECK OUR NUMBERS..THEN LETS TRY IT WITH POCKET KINGS.THEN WITH POCKET QUEENS,AKs,AKo,E.T.C.I CAN DO IT EVEN EASIER FOR YOU:YOU CAN CHECK ONLY THE MONTHS THAT I PLAYED AT OPEN LEAGUE..JUST DONT FORGET THAT YOU ARE WORKING FOR PS AND I TRULLY HAVE A SERIOUS PROBLEM:Ι JUST CANT WIN WITH NO SERIOUS HAND IN ANY GAME THAT I PLAY..EVEN WITH MADE HANDS!YOU SHOULD BE HERE HELPING ME WITH THAT...BUT FOR DOING SO YOU SHOULD HAVE GET ME SERIOUS FROM THE FIRST TIME..

Old
Mon Apr 15, 2013, 02:36 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
Macknikos,

There's no need to post your bad beats, we all get them. In Freerolls, you'll get plenty of them, you need to learn to live with them. As long as you get them in good (like you said) in the long run, you'll come out of it ahead.

As for AA, my stats over 600,000 hands, my AA have won 94% of the time (saw them 2,344 times). Now of course, I rarely played Freerolls, maybe if I had played more Freerolls, my stats would be a bit lower.

Remember that if you're talking about the Open League, the goal is to last as long as you can, it's not all about cashing.

There's some good posts on how to play the Open League, you should read them. There's also videos and training available

PS. Most of the hands you showed were all against bigger stacks then you and since you're playing Open League, most of them were automatic calls.

GL

Old
Mon Apr 15, 2013, 02:52 PM
(#6)
Hi,sandtrap.my problem is that my aa have lost about 87% of the time..kk a little more,etc.i dont think that i need any posts or any help aboout open league..if you have checked you would see that i am doing great every month that i decide to play.maybe,if i have not so many "bad beats" i would be first all months...sorry for being shortstacked but as you said i had to last as long as i can..also,we can talk about mtt,stt,sat or any other,at any kind of poker anytime you want.thank you for your time.

Old
Mon Apr 15, 2013, 02:58 PM
(#7)
Since: Mar 2013
Man, man, man!

If you want some help.. you have to ask it correctly!
May be you should stop playing for a while and come back when you feel the desire to enjoy a good poker play again... and here I'm not talking about winning.. but just playing for the fun of it!

But now, about your hand:
- Why don't you go all in pre-flop? you are already short stack for a long while. You are almost over.. if you feel you have to play that hand... then just go all-in immediately, what do you risk in the end?
- you are action at the flop is also not correct in my eyes... you have to play a lot more aggressive in your position... checking in front of a player is a sign of weakness and especially if that player is the chipleader of the table. If you didn't go all in pre-flop, you should have gone there! Now, ok, it's a check-raise, you are going to say... but the size of your stack is just not suffisant to play that kind of move with conviction.

I hope it really helped..

cheers.
emi4173.

Old
Mon Apr 15, 2013, 03:02 PM
(#8)
Thanks,emi!

Old
Mon Apr 15, 2013, 03:44 PM
(#9)
P.s.sandtrap,i want you also to know that this one is a mtt table...as some others of my posts...

Old
Mon Apr 15, 2013, 04:24 PM
(#11)
Ftbackwoohoo,thanks for sharing

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com