Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

0.25 FR SNG 45man early - Flop is suited I have two pair

Old
0.25 FR SNG 45man early - Flop is suited I have two pair - Tue Apr 16, 2013, 08:35 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2012
BronzeStar
This question is more about this hand in general. I just happend to came across this hand in a tournament.

HUD:
Villain 4, 20 Hands: 40/32
Villain 2, 20 Hands: 90/10
I know 20 Hands is not very much, but its a tournament. Both players where neither very aggressive nor very passive postflop.

Preflop: In position, loose opps., fishy opps. could call a nutflush

This is the most terrible flop I have ever seen.
1. I hit two pair
2. A flush is more than possible

Should I just fold after the flop? It is very likely at least one of them has a flush.
I called because I hoped for a full house (4 outs) - which could give me very good implied odds in case one of them has a high flush. Is it worth the chance - paying 15% of the pot?

On the turn I think checking is ok
On the river, I was thinking about value betting, but I was unsure if a very small flush could call me. I would have to fold to any reasonably sized raise. Was it ok to just check and get over with the hand?

Thank you,
Jonas

Last edited by d2p22; Tue Apr 16, 2013 at 08:39 AM..

Old
Tue Apr 16, 2013, 10:21 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
BronzeStar
pre flop i would have folded here but i think that you played the hand verry wel post flop

Triple Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Apr 16, 2013, 09:16 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
Hi d2p22,

I agree completely with adohole here.

The 3 kicker is just too bad. With this hand we're hoping to hit 2 pair, trips or a flush and a flush draw could just end up costing us alot if we don't hit it.

If it was a limped pot I wouldn't mind limping behind on the button as it's nice and cheap and huge implied odds. But for a raise just fold it pre.

On the flop I think you have to call once and I would fold to a reraise or continued aggression on the turn.

I don't think there's really any value betting river especially in a sng where preserving chips is more of a concern than trying to squeeze out a tiny bit of equity in a tight spot.

Thanks
Andrew

Quad Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Apr 17, 2013, 10:12 AM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2012
BronzeStar
thank you!

I will tighten up my starting range when there is a raise in front of me - no more As rags suited.

Jonas

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com